Droid RAZR Receives Unofficial Clockwork Recovery and first Deodexed Rom!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
logo2.png

Developer "Nitroglycerine33" is at it again! The developer of the beloved Eclipse Rom series has put together a modified version of Koush's Bootstrap (the mod that circumvents a locked bootloader which allows for a custom recovery) that works on the Droid Razr. It is suggested that you use much caution with this unofficial Bootstrap as there is currently no safety net, and no way to recover from a soft brick being that the Fastboot Files for the Droid Razr have not yet been leaked. Currently you can use Nitro's modified Razr Bootstrap Recovery to make and restore a nandroid backup.

Nitro has also put together the very first Rom for the Droid Razr! This man doesn't even own a Razr! Can you say talent?! The Rom is super simple and is basically just a stock rom that has been deodexed for themes and other mods. Bloat has even been left on this rom. It is nice to see the beginning of development on such a slick device. Hopefully the safety net "Fastboot files" will be leaked soon so that development for this device can really kick off!

It should be noted that the RazR Bootstrap Recovery is Unofficial and not supported by Koush. You should use this at your own risk, and be very careful. However it should also be noted that it has been thoroughly tested and is said to work flawlessly.

Image Source: Koushikdutta.com, Grab the Razr BootStrap Recovery here, Grab the Rom via Rootzwiki here

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the fastboot files. Once that becomes available it's going to be awesome for Razr owners.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

busab

Reaction score
This awesome! But I don't want to risk it without the fast boot files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jayb

Reaction score
I have been running this for a couple of weeks. I love being able to freeze all the "crapware" the phone runs even better with all of that frozen. And made the tethering work great.