Droid Razr Media Issues

xyz9000

Reaction score
Hello there, I have issues all of the media in my phone. When I open up "My Gallery", no photos or videos show up. Same thing with the music library. I use the factory installed one not the google play music library. When I
open up the SD card files, I see my music in the folder labeled "MUSIC", my videos in the folder labeled "VIDEO", all of my pictures in the folder labeled "dcim". I can open them up from there and the file are fine. But I want to see them in their proper library. I've been searching around lots of website and some people got the same problem but on different phones. So i read solutions for the heck of it and most of it was said that I need to take all of the
media out of my phone and put it back in with a different name or something like that. I tried it and nothing worked. I tried an application called "SD Rescan" but no luck with it either. I also shut my phone down, took out the SD card, counted to 10 Mississippi put the card back in, start the phone up. but no luck with it either. So if anyone has a solution to my technical issue please answer my post. Give me simple steps on what I need to do please.
And thank you in advanced.

P.S. in the music library I switch through artist or songs. This pop up window comes up and says loading.This is another issue called the loading screen of eternity.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Un mount and remount your SD card. Then go into the music app and the gallery app and clear data and force close them. Give the device a few mind to catch up, depending on how much data you have. And then do a soft reboot.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

To unmount and remount your SD card...settings, storage, scroll down to SD card, tap unmount, you may even remove the SD card and reinsert it.. it will then automatically remount.
For the apps
The procedure for this is, settings, applications, manage applications, all, scroll through and find the music app, tap on it, clear data and force close the app, then do the same for the gallery app.

Then hold the power button, and the volume down button down at the same time until the phone ****s off. It will then power up on its own. Give it a few mins to sort things out.

Last edited:
OP
X

xyz9000

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply but I have attempted this method several times and no luck.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you for your reply but I have attempted this method several times and no luck.

OK... I read your first post again, your pics, put them all in a folder on your SD card. Call it Pictures or what ever you want to call it. They will then show on your gallery .. at least they should.

Are you sure you cleared the data on the gallery and music apps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Last edited:
OP
X

xyz9000

Reaction score
Yes I am sure i followed your steps. Unmount card. Mount card. Apps. Kill data music. Kill data gallery. And i restarted phone. I checked the music app and i went to my library and nothing was in it. Same with the gallery nothing in it. Do i need to factory reset my phone?

OP
X

xyz9000

Reaction score
I recently installed the ICS leak for my phone and now I got everything back.