Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 in India

vakharia

Reaction score
My first post here.

Just got a pre-owned XT926 here in India. The phone supports GSM and CDMA (though only one can be used at a time).
I have not put in a SIM card yet since this requires a micro-SIM, which I don't have at the moment. While I arrange for this from my service provider, I have a few questions.
1. Is there a forum member using this in India? (just so that I can get in touch with you directly. )
2. I am on 9.16.6 at the moment. Does this mean I can root the phone AND unlock it too?

My primary aim for rooting is to get rid of the built-in Verizon and Amazon apps, which are not relevant in this country. Perhaps I can free up some memory in the process. :)
I don't know what I will gain by unlocking the boot loader, since at the moment there is no plan to use custom ROMs on this one.

Any comments or links are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

OP
V

vakharia

Reaction score
Update: Tested the phone with a Vodafone SIM. There was a message initially that I am using some unrecognized SIM or something of that sort. After tapping OK, the network was shown as normal.
Then some APN settings had to be made for 3G (H+ shown on the screen). But it worked.

Next task is to check if Reliance CDMA works (only voice, no data testing though).