Droid R2D2 gets gingerbread

jestingjester2

Reaction score
Any other r2d2 users get the gingerbread update and how are u liking it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Monshroud

Reaction score
I just got it this morning, and so far I think it is quite nice. Updated color schemes, profiles. I know some folk have said that their phones appear to be running faster. I would say that it is running smoother which is quite nice. Scrolling around used to be a bit jumpy, now its just smooth.

GeekWife

Reaction score
Ehhh.... I'm wary. It *is* smoother. I'll give it that. I am one of those people who doesn't like change lol. Not a fan of new fonts, and I'm still unsure of the calling interface, but I'm liking the blue. That's something, right?

Not sure if it's related, because it's a software update, but I found my poor little R2 getting way hot while the update was going through, and after I played with it for a bit. It never used to do that. I think it's oddly coincidental.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I got it this morning as well and i'm absolutely loving it.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

OP
J

jestingjester2

Reaction score
Sadly might be phone or battery issue no issues with mine getting hotter but im just one person.

Barchetta

Reaction score
Really loving it! Much faster, smoother, love the color scheme. Nice update

Sent from my DROID R2D2 using DroidForums

duc4fun

Reaction score
Updated yesterday morning. So far so good. Touch screen keyboard is much better. New fonts and colors are nice. Overall I am pleased with GB.

Jimh64

Reaction score
Question

I just got my update this morning and so far so good! Does anyone know exactly what the new features are? I want to see all the changes!

Eurasianman

Reaction score
Would any of you by any chance have the SBF for this phone when running Froyo? Better yet, is it possible for anyone to get or make the SBF for Gingerbread for this phone? I've tried three to four times to get this update to work and have been unsuccessful.

chasehammer

Reaction score
Can someone already updated to gingerbread PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a bootstrap backup for us that are having issues with the update failing.

xm41907

Reaction score
Did the update retain the SW themed stuff (C3P outline in contacts vs generic figure, etc.)? I switched over to stock D2 and have upgraded to Gb that way but sure miss some of the R2 stuff.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Did the update retain the SW themed stuff (C3P outline in contacts vs generic figure, etc.)? I switched over to stock D2 and have upgraded to Gb that way but sure miss some of the R2 stuff.

The update did retain the Star Wars stuff. The contact picture as you mentioned as well as the sliders. In fact the color scheme actually compliments the SW/R2D2 stuff extremely well.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Has anyone got the wifi tether to work on the new GB 2.3.3 R2D2 yet?