Droid Overheting and Battery Draining

fishgolfs

Reaction score
My 6 month old Droid has an issue with the nattery driaing w/o any use and it seems to be overheating. Any suggestions? I took it toVerizon and they wanted to reset it...before I do this and lose my apps, I thought I would see if anyone had the same issues? thanks!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

This is a common issue. Its usually a runaway app.. try an app like gsam from the play store...use the app sucker feature and it will tell you the name of the app..if its an app.

If not, a factory data reset will give you a clean slate to work with.. sometimes its easier to just do a factory reset and start fresh...

Hope this helps. :D

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup.have you downloaded any new apps in the past few days or so? Because that would usually so it.

I downloaded this game app and it would never stop running in my background an it drained my battery.

Took me awhile to find it but ya. Try what 94lt1 told you with the gsam app and it should tell you what apps are using the most battery. :)

mepat

Reaction score
Today at Verizon Corporate Store

Mine is also six months old. Was given new battery within two weeks of purchase as it would not hold charge. Today, ran a four hour check on my battery. Determined I need new battery - none in stock, none in warehouse - ordered new from somewhere which will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. I asked what to do in the meantime - was told to keep on house or car charger. That's all well and good, however, I lost three business calls and nearly drove 25 miles that was not necessary - all within 1 1/2 hours of leaving the store. Called Customer Service - they advised buying battery at Radio Shack and would cost would be credited to my account. Guess What? - Radio Shack does not have battery for this phone. This lady is not a Happy Camper! I suspect there is a real problem with this warranted battery and they are in process of find a new supplier. Also have the overheating problem.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
mepat said:
Mine is also six months old. Was given new battery within two weeks of purchase as it would not hold charge. Today, ran a four hour check on my battery. Determined I need new battery - none in stock, none in warehouse - ordered new from somewhere which will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. I asked what to do in the meantime - was told to keep on house or car charger. That's all well and good, however, I lost three business calls and nearly drove 25 miles that was not necessary - all within 1 1/2 hours of leaving the store. Called Customer Service - they advised buying battery at Radio Shack and would cost would be credited to my account. Guess What? - Radio Shack does not have battery for this phone. This lady is not a Happy Camper! I suspect there is a real problem with this warranted battery and they are in process of find a new supplier. Also have the overheating problem.

What phone?

OP
F

fishgolfs

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yup.have you downloaded any new apps in the past few days or so? Because that would usually so it.

I downloaded this game app and it would never stop running in my background an it drained my battery.

Took me awhile to find it but ya. Try what 94lt1 told you with the gsam app and it should tell you what apps are using the most battery. :)

Thanks..Im go to Verizon tomorrow for a reset

emoge

Reaction score
I have the incredible 2 as well and have had the exact same issues after 6 months as well a year later and three phones later the rep from customer care was able to send me a brand new battery and also threw in 3 free anti scratch screen protectors because the store refused to listen to my complaints yet again about the battery for the phone I had just had replaced not 3 weeks prior after I point blank told them it was the battery not the phone they ordered a replacement phone not battery! If you call customer care and get a half way decent rep that will talk to a supervisor for you they can order you a brand new battery don't take the push back they seem to be giving you on the issue its not the phone its the battery

emoge

Reaction score
Also just so you know I've had the same replacement phone and battery almost 8 months and have not had any other issues with the phone since the battery was replaced instantly the freezing and resetting stopped as well as the battery drainage the factory battery with this phone for some reason just isn't very good and I know several people that have the incredible 2 that have had the same issues as well

ericlewis107

Reaction score
I have same problem. I would recommend backing up photos and sms/mms and make sure the contacts are synced with google. Other than screen setup and a few logins, the rest is pretty easily setup again with a replacement phone.