Droid newb

tabraha

Reaction score
Well my first post was a thanks in the 2.1 force thread. Anyhow former BB user making the shift. Love the power, speed and flexibility of the droid. Taking a little bit of work to make it as business friendly as the simple BB but with a few apps it is rockin now. Couldn't have gotten it where it needed to be without this forum and perusing the many threads on Outlook related issues etc...

I'm sooooo tempted to root but I think I'll just continue tweaking the phone for the first month or so and see what gets developed in the meantime.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions to the forum!:blackdroid:

edit: Didn't mean to do the thumbs down on the thread title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl3:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tabraha, thanks for introducing yourself. As you might know by now, lots of former BB users on here, including myself. I also took it slow, I didn't root for the first 6 weeks I owned the phone, but the dark side kept getting stronger so I gave in. I am really glad I did but again, it's not a necessity, just something that you'll find optimizes your Droid and can do things that stock Droids cannot do.

OP
tabraha

tabraha

Reaction score
Yeah I have a feeling rooting is inevitable for me. I tend to be one of those who tweaks about everything they own. It looks like the ROM's are very comparable and there's no clear frontrunner which is a good thing. Good to see active development on the platform. The open market is also something that has sold me on the droid. I love the fact that anyone can come up with something and if it is worthwhile it will fly.