Droid makes sounds when disconnecting headphones

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by noutoo, Mar 1, 2010.

1. noutoo

noutoo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :cus: Ok this is starting to drive me crazy. Every time I disconnect my headphones from my Droid it makes a "sleigh bells" sound for one second. I can't find any app or setting for this. Anyone have any idea where this is or how to stop it?? :cus:

Droid 2.0.1

2. InnoDroid

InnoDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too

I have this issue too. Mine is a fax noise. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the sound a while back but it just started doing it each time I connect or disconnect the headphone jack. Bizarre. Did you find a setting or fix?

3. Blix247

Blix247 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also have the same problem

I have the same issue. My Droid plays an audio clip that I downloaded a while ago at full volume after I unplug my head phones from the audio jack. This is super annoying especially when I forget about it and unplug my head phones at work and SoundWave from Transformers lets the office know at full volume that the autobots must be terminated :icon_eek:!! If anyone has found a fix for this bug please let me know.

Thx

4. bhjazz

bhjazz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find this hilarious. I have some random Monty Python sounds on my card. When I unplug my headphones, I hear a random clip from this group. I think this is normal, but having some control over it would be nice.

5. InnoDroid

InnoDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Temp fix for me...

I connected my phone to my laptop and tracked down the fax.mp3 sound that was on my phone. I just went ahead and deleted it. I noticed in that same directory there was a sleighbells.mp3 file also. So, not sure what app that I've installed caused it. (I just upgraded my Google listen, maybe...) Something made that sound play. For now that is taking care of the problem but I'm unsure of why it started. I can't recall exactly what day it started or I could pinpoint apps and such that were installed/updated in that time.

6. DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    I believe that is your notification.

Does it do that when you mount to your PC?

Search tags for this page

disconnect from the net and noise in headphone