Droid has arrived...

BADS197

Reaction score
I was on my out the door and driving down the street when I spotted the UPS guy. Stopped him to ask if he had a package for me and he did.

I took it to the verizon store to make sure I got my ATT number ported over and to ask them when my billing cycle started/ended and a couple other questions.

The last time I had Verizon, many moons ago, I received 4 phone bills in a row in excess of 300$. It was fixed but I've been weary of going back.

That said, they told me it would take 3hrs - 24 hours to port the number. The port was reported to be successfull at the Verizon store so I'm just waiting till the phone pops a message.

How long does it take really?

I've called tmobile at my last job and ported numbers to other sim cards and it took minutes not hours. I've never had this hours to a day port issue.

Suffice to say I'm die'n with anticipation.

:icon_ banana:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah this isn't just a verizon thing. I've seen people on many networks not get the notification that the port was successful. I would deff call just to confirm.

shizs14

Reaction score
When my number was ported from att to Verizon it took 6 hours to complete the port.

daddyd302

Reaction score
I do believe it took like a few hours, less then 4 to port mine.

OP
B

BADS197

Reaction score
Even if you didn't get the notification on the phone, wouldn't it work since it was technically activated/transferred?

I'll have to go to the store tomorrow as I have no other phone to make the call.