Droid email stopped working - FC when I open message

sudermatt

Reaction score
My Droid email just stopped working....the happens on both Yahoo IMAP and Exchange. I'm using the default email app (not a 3rd party).

I can receive messages just fine. When I try to open any message, the email app force closes.

I'm running Smoking Glass 4.0.
I've reloaded the Nandroid Backup....no help.

This was working perfectly earlier today....suddenly, at around 6:30 pm Pacific, it stopped working.

Has anybody else seen their email suddenly take a dump?

tbever

Reaction score
My Droid email just stopped working....the happens on both Yahoo IMAP and Exchange. I'm using the default email app (not a 3rd party).

I can receive messages just fine. When I try to open any message, the email app force closes.

This was working perfectly earlier today....suddenly, at around 6:30 pm Pacific, it stopped working.

Yup. This fixed it for me:

Apparently removing the account doesn't necessarily remove all the data associated with it. Following the procedure from the link below worked:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16336

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

(This is effectively the same thing as deleting the account and starting over, however when I tried to delete/recreate the account using the UI, it didn't work. After deleting the information through the Application Manager, it appears that my email is working now.)

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score

Yup. This fixed it for me:

Apparently removing the account doesn't necessarily remove all the data associated with it. Following the procedure from the link below worked:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16336

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

(This is effectively the same thing as deleting the account and starting over, however when I tried to delete/recreate the account using the UI, it didn't work. After deleting the information through the Application Manager, it appears that my email is working now.)

That did it....thanks

finprof

Reaction score
Thanks, it worked! Now can I call tech support back and tell them never mind on the new phone they're sending?