Droid comes with 2 different keyboard (like Milestone) ?

rda990

Reaction score
The guy's post said he was pleasantly pleased with his raised keys.

Yes, second difference, the flat keys keyboard is often waved, while the curved keys one, is not.

It's silmly a silent upgrade, that no one (at least in europe) has noticed because, everyone has seen only it's own phone.

In Italian forums at least two guys had their Milestone warranty swapped.

The first (lucky) had a flat keyboard on the old phone, and now has a curved one, to the second one the changes went in the opposite direction.

So there is no doubt that the keyboard are completely different on the Milestones, I'm just curios to see if in the US you, Droid users, are aware of that.

Same thing happened to me...my first one developed "raised" keys...i thought it was normal,then it got defective so i got a new one and it was all flat.I also noticed that the first one (Raised keys) was newer than the other one because of the bar code on the battery door.

OP
The Solutor

The Solutor

Reaction score
I also noticed that the first one (Raised keys) was newer than the other one because of the bar code on the battery door.

Raised is surely newer, is surely an improvement.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I ordered mine on launch day but over the phone. I received it the week after and I got one with the "raised" keys. Must be a lucky one then. =)

joker402

Reaction score
I made a thread bout ntoicing the diffrent keybroards but no one belives me but its true I sell droids for a living and they are not all the same

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I made a thread bout ntoicing the diffrent keybroards but no one belives me but its true I sell droids for a living and they are not all the same

yeah one of my friends got the droid after I did and his buttons weren't "raised" like mine. he was the one that noticed it b/c he said my buttons felt better. It pays to be OG i guess.... haha =)

kaboyd

Reaction score
Man I've read half a dozen threads about this with the same looking pics. I had an original Droid with a build date of 42/09 with flat keys. I had a warranty exchange to another Droid with a build date of 44/09 with flat keys. I'm on my third Droid with a build date of 05/10 with the same keys. I would love a bubbled keyboard, but I guess it's not meant to be.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have bubbled keys. :D

They started out flat.

dmo580

Reaction score
flat keyboard here on Telus Milestone. Gimme 5 min. I just took a few pics using my canon 17-55 IS lens. :D

813155243_G6Jeo-L.jpg

813155216_DNV7h-L.jpg

813155181_wSyz9-L-1.jpg

813155132_DcGVq-L.jpg

813158691_YumMJ-L.jpg

813158672_R3bup-L.jpg

813158639_oGo98-L.jpg

Last edited:

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I noticed this too. Me and my sister's fiance got the Droid a few days apart. He got his for Xmas I got mine right before New Years. We had always compared apps and hacks before until the last time we noticed the keyboards were different. His had raised keys that you can definitely feel is different than mine. I was jealous! Yes there are different keyboards out there..

ExNight

Reaction score
I don't think they started out flat, I got my droid a few months back with a bubbled keyboard and my brother got his droid just recently after I did and they were flat.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dolpns13

Reaction score
My keys aren't flat, but they aren't curved that much either. I don't think it's 2 different keyboards, maybe just a different manufacturing process that causes the slight raise.

Here's a pic I found researching this. http://i.imgur.com/tBIB3.jpg The guy's post said he was pleasantly pleased with his raised keys. The only "raising" I see is a simple waved keyboard.

Another post I found said a guy and his buddy got their droids on launch date and their keys were raised. They said other people they knew who also got the droid on launch date had flat keyboards. The only common denominator I can think of is manufacturing process.

II thought this was how all droids were? This is the same type keyboard I have