Droid bionic update

bahlzar

Reaction score
After doing the update today I seem to have lost that widget that had shortcuts to airplane mode, wi-fi,bluetooth and gps....Is there something like that with the new update?

Thanks

chickaholic

Reaction score
Hi. Can I assume you were not rooted and this is the operating system update to Ice Cream Sandwich on your Bionic? If so, you probably need to reinstall your apps and your widgets (same process as when you first got the phone). A major operating system update can wipe your data (but I'm not sure if the ICS update does that so hopefully someone will verify if that is or isn't correct). Your data includes things stored in your phone's memory like your levels on your game apps, pictures, etc. If they are stored on your phone's memory and the data is wiped by the upgrade, then they will be erased. If they were stored on your SD card, then they still should be there (except for your game data). You will have to look at your SD card files to see (use a file manager like Androzip or Astrozip or other from the Play Store). Any apps you downloaded or purchased from the Game Store can be found by swiping to the page on the right 'All(apps)' from the 'My Apps' page in the Game Store. Reinstalling the apps will not necessarily restore your settings for the apps or restore your game levels. Three times now I've had to reinstall Angry Birds and lost all the levels (with 3 stars in every level). In the future maybe that won't be an issue but for now, a reality. For apps like Stitcher (podcast app) or Plume (twitter app), your settings are saved and will restore. You just have to sync up with them again.

Can someone recommend a way to access a 'manual' for ICS features? Must be something on line. For now I suggest you call your carrier's tech support and ask them where to find the info.

Last edited:

mandie1334

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the news widget went after this update? It came on my phone when I got it and I loved it and now it's gone! It allowed me to subscribe to multiple news channels (fox sports, cnn, E news, world news etc. ) that was very convenient and I can't find an app that does the same. I don't want to have to download 10 different apps just to get all the news I like to read. Thanks!