Droid 4 - Battery Issue

Expliciit

Reaction score
I've researched this problem online, but none were exactly what my issue is (sometimes different phone, slightly different problem, etc.)

The phone died (before it died, the battery symbol had a ? in it), when I try recharging it, all I get is a (larger) battery symbol with a ? in it. So far I have tried:

1.) just letting it sit on the charger for awhile.
2.) Testing my phone on a different charger (I have the standard power cable given when I got the phone)
3.) Testing my Charger on a different phone (another droid 4, it worked fine)
4.) Rebooting it using the menu (I can still get to the boot menu)
5.) Clearing the cache
6.) Yelling at it

I have not attempted to take the battery out, as that voids the warranty.
I doubt factory reset would do anything because it's a problem with the phone reading the battery and I want to avoid that. Also, the nearest Verizon store that can replace it or send it to is about an hour away (according to my friend anyway, I'll still check my local store if I can't fix it by tomorrow)

It let me use my phone after I let it stay in the recovery menu for awhile, but still wouldn't hold a charge, once it shut off again the problem reoccured.

Also, this same problem happened to my phone about 4 months ago. Somehow, I managed to fix it that time and it didnt give me problems until today.

Anyway, if someone has any other ideas/solutions then I'd be very grateful.

JoshVualk

Reaction score
i had a very similar issue and posted about it earlier today.. Still awaiting a response..:(.

From what i have learned just by research generally this means the phone doesnt recognize the battery as being a stock, or usable battery, for your particular phone..

Mine however charges just fine when the device is powered on and only when it is off do i get the ? symbol..