Droid 2 Otterbox

Reaction score
Definitely disappointed with the otterbox, its bulky/oversized, feels cheap, covers all the buttons on the phone with its own, and the piece that clips over the front of the phone feels fragile and not snapped into place, when you push on it, it clicks against the back half of the case making an annoying sound. The top row of the hardware keyboard is still accessible but there's still some obstruction. Not the case for me, sending it back.

My review from another thread

OscarMantha

Reaction score
i have used the otter box "defender" on my droid x and totally love it. Today i picked up a Droid X2 and the defender case i used on my other Droid x fit perfectly. If you can get past the bulkiness of the Defender case from Otter box then you'll love how well it protects your phone.

Hope this helps

twin_57103

Reaction score
Disappointed

I'll agree with those who aren't terribly thrilled with this case. I bought it from the carrier after an incident that required insurance replacement on my phone (I only dropped it about 3 feet) and I was looking for a better case. The front has popped off many times and even the back. One time I scratched up the side of the new phone (but not the screen or anything that matters). At least one clip has broken. Also, it is very bulky. I don't find that it interferes with any buttons, though. Basically, it just doesn't seem to provide that much more protection for the added bulk.

Graymayre

Reaction score
My phone is scratched and scuffed to hell due to the commuter case because it cannot protect against debris.
And they can't make a defender case for the Droid slideout series of phones due to the slideout keyboard.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

92DakotaHD

Reaction score
I've had one for a few months and like it. The inner liner seems to provide some shock protection but the hard plastic shell allows it to slide in/out of my pocket easily. Phone fell off the bed rail of my truck onto gravel without damage. Bit of extra bulk but I have bigger hands and find it helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums