Droid 2 Otterbox

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why the hell does it take 7 days to process? Damn and I'm sitting here thinking I would get my case sometime in the next week or so. Long shipping times irritate me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yesterday, their website stated they were in the middle of their annual inventory count, which delays the shipping of any inventory. It's not a good excuse, IMO, but you haven't had it this long, so it shouldn't hurt much taking another week.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Why the hell does it take 7 days to process? Damn and I'm sitting here thinking I would get my case sometime in the next week or so. Long shipping times irritate me

Yesterday, their website stated they were in the middle of their annual inventory count, which delays the shipping of any inventory. It's not a good excuse, IMO, but you haven't had it this long, so it shouldn't hurt much taking another week.

How is it not a good excuse?

The end of year inventory takes place at the end of the year. It's just bad timing. The excuse is entirely legitimate.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The end of year inventory takes place at the end of the year. It's just bad timing. The excuse is entirely legitimate.

The majority of companies have an inventory count done within one business day. My previous employer was a bigger company than Otterbox, and they had it done within a day.

zero7404

Reaction score
any long delays are an excuse to mask off another issue, like a manufacturing or supply chain problem.

sent via wireless device

arrjaytea

Reaction score

The majority of companies have an inventory count done within one business day. My previous employer was a bigger company than Otterbox, and they had it done within a day.

The implication is that you know every variable that goes into inventory for every company due to your singular life experience?

Anecdotal evidence regarding one company you've worked for is hardly a reasonable justification or explanation for anything. I've worked across many, many retail and production positions in my time and the notion that even one companies practices can be compared apples to apples to another is laughable at best.

any long delays are an excuse to mask off another issue, like a manufacturing or supply chain problem.

sent via wireless device

This is probably true, though the reasoning was clearly their "Avalanche of Announcements" or whatever the devil they called it last Thursday when they announced a bajillion cases on the same day.

Marketing is a *****, but what can you do?

Has anyone's case shipped yet? They began shipping again yesterday, but unfortunately my order was apparently not processed (or processed without confirmation).

Anedae

Reaction score
My oder says it has shipped, but I don't have a tracking number yet

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

arrjaytea

Reaction score
My oder says it has shipped, but I don't have a tracking number yet

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hmm. Well I've still heard bupkus. Save, of course, for them billing my card the day I ordered it.

Reaction score
I called them and spoke with them. The guy said that they do an annual warehouse lockdown to count inventory, the reason they do this is to have their bases covered in case they get audited. He said that my case should most likely arrive early next week. I still haven't received an email, and I ordered mine on the 30th.

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
I still haven't received my shipping confirmation yet. In fact I haven't even heard anything about it. Haven't been charged or anything yet. Only thing I got was a receipt when I placed my order.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
If the Otterbox Facebook page is any indication, some orders as far back as the 27th of December have still yet to receive any sort of shipping information. Also, people are a little upset.

Some people are a lot upset, and that part is hilarious.

So yeah - I'm going to take the context clues provided and presume the Otters are pretty backed up, and it could be a while longer.

OP
Ghost Of Sparta
Reaction score
Mine was shipped too. Don't know when though. I wish they would give those details. I also got a copy of my receipt in my email. I can't wait to get it! Is there somewhere on the site that tells you how long it will take to ship?

Reaction score
I've also checked the site. It simply says my order is shipped, but offers no options or information on how to track it.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Somehow I got an additional (PDF) credit card receipt with a tracking number late last night.

Tracking number is not active yet (I'm presuming it was assigned yesterday or Saturday to ship today), but I've got one.

Edit: Tracking number is activated, but package not yet received by USPS. Optimistic it'll be here by Wednesday-ish.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Mine was shipped too. Don't know when though. I wish they would give those details. I also got a copy of my receipt in my email. I can't wait to get it! Is there somewhere on the site that tells you how long it will take to ship?

Top right hand corner of your receipt should have shipping and tracking information.