Droid 2, or Droid 2 Global...How can I tell?

macgyver71

Reaction score
Hi all, Been lurking here for over 2 years, found a wealth of info for rooting and Roms for my OG Droid. Now I am using a Droid 2. I was told it's a Droid 2 Global, But all the descriptions in the ROMS say "A956" for the globals...When I look in mine, it still shows model A955. I also dont see a slot for a sim (not that I need one, just thought it would be there). Where can I find out which Droid 2 I have? I got it used a while back, and theres no way I can really tell...And I would like to throw a new ROM on it (I made sure the 629 update wasnt done, specifically for that reason). The keyboard seems to be the same, though I seem to remember some of the business-oriented programs on here when I first got it.

I know it's a dinosaur in phone years, but it has everything I need....I would just like to be able to throw some new roms on....Any help anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just check under wireless/networks settings and network mode. It should tell you that it can use global/cdma evdo/gsm umts if it's a droid 2 global.

Breakfast beats worrying.

OP
M

macgyver71

Reaction score
Hmmmm...Network Settings/wireless networks, closest I see is "Mobile Networks", then "System Select" only shows an option for CDMA.

But, if I go thru settings, and go down to "About Phone", go in thru there, there is a "Mobile Network Type" that shows "CDMA - EvDo Rev. A", but no option to switch it. Dunno if that helps any.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
In settings--> about phone. The phone model will be Droid 2we. The "we" stands for world edition.

Sent from my DROID4

OP
M

macgyver71

Reaction score
In settings--> about phone. The phone model will be Droid 2we. The "we" stands for world edition.

Sent from my DROID4

Hmmmm....All this time checking the forums for D2G roms, and it appears I have a regular Droid 2....That's not particularly a bad thing, not for someone who likes rom options.
Under Phone Model, it say "DROID2".

I appreciate the help guys. This forum has never failed to guide me right. :)