Droid 2 keeps using that annoying default alert sound

OuttaSpec

Reaction score
OK, so I've got all sorts of different sounds that my droid 2 makes when I get an email, text, and other stuff. Now for the second time my droid 2 has decided that I should be using the default beeper (you know, the same sound that it makes when you power it up... beedle beedle beedle beedle beedle) instead of the alerts that actually differentiate between an email, text, etc.

Is anybody else having a problem like this? I'm thinking this is the 2nd time in as many days this has happened.

I "fixed" it last time by going into setting and checking what my alerts were set at... yes, they were still set where I wanted them and after I checked them it was back to normal... till this morning. I could chalk it up to a glitch or other oddity once, but twice in 2 days? Also possibly pertinent information: I think the status bar said it was configuring the SD card (pic of an SD card with a gear) both times I checked the phone because I was perplexed about the sound.

Any ideas?

P.S. not rooted or anything like that.

OP
O

OuttaSpec

Reaction score
Really? Nobody?

It did it again this morning. I feel I should also note that I don't turn off my phone overnight while it's charging. Although, this time it seemed to fix itself because it only did it once and then it went back to normal.

I'm not crazy. Honest.

OP
O

OuttaSpec

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! Got more help at an automotive forum. What a waste of time.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Nobody has had that problem my droid 2 doesn't make a noise when it powers up. Besides you just have to go to your messages and change the notification sound and you can turn off your email notifications. That's day one stuff. smh -_-

OP
O

OuttaSpec

Reaction score
Did you actually read my post? Go on, read it again and try not shaking your head when doing it. Changing sounds isn't a problem for me.

Also every droid 2 I've gotten my hands on makes a power up sound as long as it has an SD card inserted.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Yes I read it and my droid 2 is rooted now but before it was it never made a noise and my dads d2 never makes a noise when powering up and its all stock.

amourti85

Reaction score
Droid 2 global sounds switch back to default

I have the same problem. I'll customize my sound settings and they'll last for about a day and then switch back to the default. It's annoying as hell and I have no idea what to do.

I have a Droid 2 Global.

wolfwyndd

Reaction score
I realize I'm a bit late on the answer to this, however, I SUSPECT it's related to your SD card. I have noticed that when my droid is plugged into the charger attached to my PC and the SD card is 'mounted' as a browsable USB drive the droid can't find the wav (mp3, etc, etc, etc) file you have saved onto the SD card. I have a non - built in music file set as my phone ringer and if it's sitting on my PC / USB charger and mounted, I get a built in droid ringer.