Droid 2 Global

Reaction score
Will Tanzanite rom be made available got the Droid 2 Global?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

wingdo

Reaction score
Will Tanzanite rom be made available got the Droid 2 Global?

OK, I have to ask. How do you like the Global? I am thinking about updating to it so an opinion would be awesome. (especially if you came from a Droid)

OP
D
Reaction score
I think its great I updated because I was tired of redraws and apps closing because of the lack of memory the droid has. And even with blur the 1.2 processor runs it smoothly with no lag. I think if you have the upgrade and your willing you pay for it you should get it. I have mine and white and I've already rooted it so that I could restore all my apps with data. Its like having a fresh more powerful and solid droid. Plus if you like have your driod overclocked this processer is already fast enough and it never gets hot. Plus the keyboard is improved so if u had problems on the original droid you shouldn't now. These are my quadrant scores.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/96747-highest-d2g-quadrant-score.html

wingdo

Reaction score
Thanks. I am so torn. Part of me says just to get the D2Global as I totally love my original Droid's form factor (not to mention I still use the keyboard for longer e-mails and such). Part of me says wait for the VZW LTE version of the Moto Olympus. I think a 4" screen is the perfect size, and LTE would be great, but I'm not sold on 1) waiting (patience is not one of my virtues) and 2) losing the physical keyboard

Thanks again,
Doug

OP
D
Reaction score
Well if you like the keyboard I believe this is the device for you because I know more powerful devices will come but this device is pretty powerful itself and I believe it will be around for sometime. Plus I like the option of being able to choose between the color because I've always wanted a white phone.

Reaction score
I wish I had such a postive experience with the droid 2 global. I had the droid 2 I upgraded it. (I spent $593.00) the Screen was not reactive, Voice dial was very bad, the audio was terrable. I gave it back to them the same day !! I wanted it to be a great phone.

To make matters worse I oringally had a droid 2 from Craigs list. I thought it had a manufactures defect Thats when I brought the global. When I brought the global back to the store I exchanged it another Droid 2 because of the oringnal problem I had with the other droid 2 from Craigs list. Later on I realised it to had the same issue (but not as much) But But the audio was so much better on the new phone. Nice clean and crisp even on standard evrc.

So not only did not the droid global not work out for me. That same money that I used for the global I downgraded to a droid2 just made me learn that the problem with the droid 2 was a a manufature flaw. But that costed $593. I will sell my phone I bought for $300 on Craigs list or e-bay. So all together for this experment it costed $893.00.

One thing I'll never deal with again is Verizons "worry free gurantee" HELLO SAMS CLUB thats a whole other story