Droid 2 Boot loader Problems

Irregulations

Reaction score
Okay, i think i bricked my phone. Everytime i power it up it gets stuck on the droid eye but doesnt boot loop. It first happened when i tried to change my wallpaper using an app called Gallery ++ and it froze so i shut it down with a soft reset. When i turned it back on it stopped on the eye. So, i decided to try a hard reset (factory reset) and when i was doing it i came up on the triangle with the exclamation mark. when i press the search button on the keyboard NOTHING happens. Ive tried it at least 30 times already. WHAT DO I DO!

Additional Information: I haven't done much to my phone, ive only updated it to gingerbread but im pretty sure thats not the reason why its like this since i updated it months ago.

Help?!?!?!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The search button (on the keyboard) doesn't work? Odd. If its stuck at the eye then it's bootlooping. I would hate to have you sbf, but if all else fails that's what you'll have to do. You're obviously rooted, so have you tried a battery pull to get into clockwork recovery?

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

OP
I

Irregulations

Reaction score
i might use and sbf but i dont have a linux computer so it might be a little hard, and ive got to admit that im not the best with these things so should i just send it to Verizon and make them fix it instead?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh, no. You don't need a linux computer. You can use xp. Thats what i used. If you routes your phone and vz finds out, you will not be covered. Remember that. SBF is super easy. I'll be happy to walk you through it

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't need a Linux machine to sbf, its just easier that way. And I may be wrong but I think the button you use to get past tthe exclamation point changed in gingerbread. When at the exclamation point try pressing both volume buttons at the same time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
I

Irregulations

Reaction score
Well it would be pretty obvious that it was rooted since it is on gingerbread. You you list step-by-step instructions using the sbf using xp. If it is not much trouble to you.

OP
I

Irregulations

Reaction score
@spaz33g the button didnt switch because ive done the factory reset before and it was the search button, but it wont work now.

OP
I

Irregulations

Reaction score
OH LORDY LORD IT WORKED, thanks @spaz33g It got into the factory reset and i got my droid back THANK YOU