Dragon

Dragon

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all I am a newbe. So here goes was into all the new phones then saw the add for this thing so got to have it went and got the thing love all the s--ts and whistles it has. I have no clue how to use them hope to find out in here. Been reading about rooting and the 2.1 update. So what is this rooting thing??? and why!? I have a few apps on mine. Don't mean to be so dumb about this I guess a little slow....

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hi all I am a newbe. So here goes was into all the new phones then saw the add for this thing so got to have it went and got the thing love all the s--ts and whistles it has. I have no clue how to use them hope to find out in here. Been reading about rooting and the 2.1 update. So what is this rooting thing??? and why!? I have a few apps on mine. Don't mean to be so dumb about this I guess a little slow....

Welcome, and don't feel like the Lone Ranger. You may want to go to the Forum page and look at the FAQ. There is a LOT of info there that may save you some time. I provided the link to Rooting below.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there allikanbe. I have read about the rooting thing still can't figure it out you read one thing then you read another then you read a lot of BS. So help me friend does the rooting thing give you power? I have a lot of ?. maybe you can steer me in the right direction.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

My advice to you is if you're unfamiliar with the process of rooting, don't try it. If not done properly (i know there are instructions) you could brick your phone, especially if an unexpected issue arises and you don't know how to work around it.

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hi there allikanbe. I have read about the rooting thing still can't figure it out you read one thing then you read another then you read a lot of BS. So help me friend does the rooting thing give you power? I have a lot of ?. maybe you can steer me in the right direction.

I guess if you root correctly that it lets you do more with the Droid, but it's not for me. This Droid does so much as it is with all the free apps, that I don't see a need to do it.
If you spend some time just going through the forum main page FAQ, then going into the threads that sound interesting, then your learning curve will sky rocket.

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys thank you for the info I guess it is a male thing wont the best right out the door. I am on my way to the FAQ page right now..