Dragging Icons ?

JWL123

Reaction score
I just got my Droid yesterday and was playing with it and dragged the google bar to the center of the screen. Now I can't get it back to the top. Any suggestions?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ah, the "secret" of the Droid! LONG PRESS on the icon until it 'vibrates' and then move it wherever you want to!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Since you moved it once I am sure you tried but do a long press and hold then it should start to move. Once my icons are ready to move I get a small vibrate sort of notice. Once you have it moving you should be able to put it anywhere you want even in the trash should you not want it on your screen anymore.

OP
J

JWL123

Reaction score
I get the vibration but,,,,

when I then move it back to the top it jumps right back to the center of the screen again. In addition, I dragged two icons from the large screen to what I perceive as the "home screen". When I try to drag them, they vibrate but then jump back to where I first placed them.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You either have icons at the top of the screen which prevent you from moving it over them, or you are moving it to high. You cant cover the notification bar.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when I then move it back to the top it jumps right back to the center of the screen again. In addition, I dragged two icons from the large screen to what I perceive as the "home screen". When I try to drag them, they vibrate but then jump back to where I first placed them.

OK, you might have something in the way. Drag everything from the top of the screen down toward the bottom (or to the left or right screen) and then move the search bar up to the top. Each icon takes up a certain amount of space and some widgets take up a couple of spaces or more. You just have to play around with it until you get it the way you want it to be...

OR you may not be holding the icon long enough. LONG PRESS until it vibrates and stops, then drag it...

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Just a suggestion. I and many others here don't use this widget. The far-right soft key on your phone (looks like a magnifying glass) opens the same option with one press and a long press gets you voice search.

Not showing this widget frees up plenty of screen space. I'd just remove it.

Just my 2 cents. :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got rid of mine about the first week I had the Droid, but some people like it... I try to conserve space when I can. If he likes it, let him keep it. ;)

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I got rid of mine about the first week I had the Droid, but some people like it... I try to conserve space when I can. If he likes it, let him keep it. ;)

I only made the suggestion since he just purchased the phone and may not be aware of the option. I had mine for a couple of weeks before it dawned on me that I could easily duplicate the functionality without using the screen space. It's certainly his choice, I'm simply giving a friendly suggestion that many here have come to realize. :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I knew what you meant, and didn't mean for my reply to sound (uh) preachy... maybe I need more coffee? :laugh:

ziggy523

Reaction score
HI!! I'm kinda new to the droid (only had it a week now) and I was just reading about the gooble bar so I tried it and removed it but now I have no idea how to get it back on my screen. I did the softkey press but when I exit the bar is still gone. Any help would be wonderful. Thank You :)

Big Cam

Reaction score
HI!! I'm kinda new to the droid (only had it a week now) and I was just reading about the gooble bar so I tried it and removed it but now I have no idea how to get it back on my screen. I did the softkey press but when I exit the bar is still gone. Any help would be wonderful. Thank You :)
Long press on an empty space, and select widget, then scroll down untul you see "search" Select it and your in business. Remember the search bar needs 4 open slots all next to each other horizontally. This is also how you can add app shortcuts, or any widgets you may have, as well as creating folders, or changing wallpapers. The long press is your best friend.

Happy Droiding.