Downloading Firmware right now

nateccnn

Reaction score
Looks like the new update (NOT GINGERBREAD) is avaqilable. I had to type in the silly code *#*#2432546#*#*, the device checked in and then I could check for updates under the Settings. The file is 73.589 MB. I have 1x service. This could take all night.

I'll report back later on the results. I did a backup of the system and have the images for returning to stock if I have to. Hope to not use them. Hope it fixes the reboots.

Nate

Jaysizzle

Reaction score
Same here. I really wish it could download over my home network.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
pulling mine down now. why oh WHY do we have to force 1X to even see it?!

daggy1985

Reaction score
Ive downloaded and installed this, and I have to say I'm disappointed NY Times is not included in my bookmarks for browser, now what am I to do?!
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Ive downloaded and installed this, and I have to say I'm disappointed NY Times is not included in my bookmarks for browser, now what am I to do?!
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Uh...read a legitimate rag? LOL

Nate

kparks

Reaction score
whats with the HUGE 3G logo now lol could they make it any bigger

dzone67

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the update will erase anything?

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

Jaysizzle

Reaction score
Yea that 3G logo is hideous but I can deal with it if there's no more reboots. I wonder if the lte logo will be as big. The update also changed my ringtone for messages. Threw me off a bit. So far the performance on it is great though.

kdb9904

Reaction score
Mine is showing the update is available but when I click on OK to get it, I get the message "download failed". Anyone got any ideas on how to get around that?

TerrenceL

Reaction score
Mine keeps saying checking for updates then just closes even after the check-in.

T-Fleezee's Thunderbolt

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Well..it runs. I accidentally killed the download twice. Third time was a charm. Hotspot now costs 30 per month. And I am going on a trip to Chicago to play in 4g...bummer for me. Another expense when I don't need another expense.

Data Use Widgets will not connect. Nice.

No bookmark for the New York Times. This I se as a plus.

Took a long time to install and reboot. Once it stats upgrading...after the download completes...give it 15 minutes. Just put it down and come back. Simple as pie.

Nate

Sent from my tbolt so prone to typos. get used to it.