Double email notification really bothersome

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am tired of receiving double email notices every time I get an email. I have two email apps: Google and Mail. Both came with my phone and neither can be removed from the manage app dialogs.
You don't need to remove one of the apps. You just need to remove the account from one of the apps.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the phone came that way
Don't rely on memory. Verify. Go into the email app, access the menu and go to the accounts screen. If your gmail account is listed there then remove it.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
There is an ACTUAL way to disable multiple notifications from coming to your droid. It's the most recent post on our Droid blog so check it out here: 2 Guys 1 Droid. This will fix your problem. Enjoy

Right, but if he doesn't want the email app checking and storing emails and data it would seem wise to actually remove the account from the email app (not gmail).

2guys1droid

Reaction score
Good point..I just assumed that since they were getting double notifications from one email coming in that both apps were running off of gmail...if this were the case then deleting the email from one of the apps (gmail for instance) would, depending on user settings, delete the email from the other app. If the settings weren't set up like that then deleting from a computer would still delete the email from both apps. Storage space shouldn't be a problem since both apps only store a certain number of emails anyway and acquire new one (or older ones) on the fly as necessary