Double click in browser? (not zoom)

Mateles

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a way to double click in the browser? I mean an actual double click (yes, some websites do use this) and not the double tap to zoom. I couldn't find anything in the menu. Thanks!

jeffgoin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a way to double click in the browser? I mean an actual double click (yes, some websites do use this) and not the double tap to zoom. I couldn't find anything in the menu. Thanks!
I want to know this, too. I cannot use my company's website for scheduling because it requires a double click on individual blocks and other functions. Yes, this is slightly unusual for web browsing, but obviously not unique.

It would add TREMENDOUSLY to the phone's utility if it simply had a method of passing a double click to the browser.

Any ideas would be welcome!!!

Artimis

Reaction score
You could try using the d-pad to highlight the link and then press down twice on the center of the d-pad for the double click (or try pressing the return key twice if that doesn't work).

Worth a shot.....

jeffgoin

Reaction score
Droid Doesn't Double Click

You could try using the d-pad to highlight the link and then press down twice on the center of the d-pad for the double click (or try pressing the return key twice if that doesn't work).

Worth a shot.....

Nope. Tried both of those. Just tried again, too, along with some other combinations. There seems to be no documentation that allows it.

What a shame for such a simple ommission to torpedo an otherwise remarkable capability. iPhoners can't even log onto and look at their schedule.

Sooooo close...

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Have you guys tried Dolphin Browser or any of the other browsers? I don't like them but lots of folks do and maybe they would provide you with this feature. They use pinch-to-zoom so maybe double tap doesn't zoom, it just double taps.

OP
Mateles

Mateles

Reaction score
I just tried Dolphin and the double-tap just toggles the top menu being on / off. I also tried highlighting the field and double-clicking the center of the directional pad and it did not work.

jeffgoin

Reaction score
I just tried Dolphin and the double-tap just toggles the top menu being on / off. I also tried highlighting the field and double-clicking the center of the directional pad and it did not work.

I downloaded Dolphin and tried it, too, with the same results of course. Great browser but no double click.