Don't lock while charging...

hacku

Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent the phone from locking automatically when it's charging?

It's a bit annoying when I have it charging at work and it looks itself all the time.

GiantDroid

Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent the phone from locking automatically when it's charging?

It's a bit annoying when I have it charging at work and it looks itself all the time.

afaik no, but there are app's that allow you to bypass the lock. do a forum search for myLock - it's not in the market yet, you download and install directly from google code site, but it works.

brochaos

Reaction score
you can. menu>settings>applications>development>stay awake

GiantDroid

Reaction score
Sweet! Learn something new each day on this puppy!

Thanks for the info!

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is also an app that applies various profiles based on the power supply that is currently used, battery, usb, or AC... with the paid versions you can also set up other criteria for other profiles. But, with the app, you can set the screen timeout to never when on usb or AC power, but have a normal timeout/lock when on battery. Power Manager is the app.

justbob

Reaction score
You can always get the media dock. The phone automatically unlocks and switches to that desktop time/temperature/media player mode when you insert it into the dock.

sportadic22

Reaction score
instead of buying the media dock..could just download the free app that triggers the docking features instead..that would do the trick I would imagine. I use the app sometimes.i like it.better then paying thirty bucks for something that you can get for free

xjman349

Reaction score
There is also an app that applies various profiles based on the power supply that is currently used, battery, usb, or AC... with the paid versions you can also set up other criteria for other profiles. But, with the app, you can set the screen timeout to never when on usb or AC power, but have a normal timeout/lock when on battery. Power Manager is the app.

Locale does similar things to this as well. I will have to check this Power manager app out though.

dremelts

Reaction score
Another option: there is a free app called Screebl that prevents the screen from locking as long as the phone is held at an angle. If you lay it down flat it will timeout and lock.