Does the Home Screen Rotate

hogowner

Reaction score
On my DROID 1 the home screen rotated. I see on the Thunderbolt it does not.....is this the case for everyone?

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
Thanks...auto rotate works for everything else....so not a big deal if home screen doesn't rotate...I am not going to factory reset....I have the phone set up the way I want...not going through that again LOL:)

kerrdj

Reaction score
i couldnt get it to rotate with Sense UI but it works fine with TagHome

drew

Reaction score
HTC Sense launcher doesn't not allow landscape view on the homescreens.

Sent From Parts Unknown

Just one more fail.

Seriously?

The OG Droid didn't do it unless you opened the physical keyboard.
Some 3rd party launchers I've used don't do it either.

I really don't see what all the complaining (trolling) is about with the phone.

The battery isn't great, but it isn't awful either. The phone is fast, smooth, and the 4G rocks. The phone hasn't "failed" me in any way that I couldn't easily overcome.

Kack

Reaction score
the og droid rotated in landscape mode with out the keyboard opened. My tb has been great im geting used to it all and loving it

Grouchy

Reaction score
the og droid rotated in landscape mode with out the keyboard opened. My tb has been great im geting used to it all and loving it

My OG Droid did not rotate to landscape mode with the phone closed... only with the keyboard opening would it rotate. (Stock launcher)

drew

Reaction score

My OG Droid did not rotate to landscape mode with the phone closed... only with the keyboard opening would it rotate. (Stock launcher)

That's right - Stock launcher had that behavior. Different launchers (Helix, ADW) added the rotate w/o the keyboard being open.

The TB homescreen does not rotate using Sense. Some apps, like Pandora, rotate 360 degrees.