1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does Orbot (Android's version of Tor) affect the gps?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by chickenhawk, Jul 19, 2011.

1. chickenhawk

chickenhawk New Member

I know that Orbot has the ability to anonymize internet traffic, but how does it impact the gps? I like the idea of privacy on my phone, but the gps is an essential feature that I use. Does Orbot impact the gps at all? (Sorry if this is stupid, I just started using Tor on my computer and phone).
  2. sarreq

sarreq New Member

out doesn't do anything with the GPS directly, as it's not capable of carrying internet traffic, BUT it does seem to significantly slow down internet traffic to the point that gMaps times out a lot and loads map data very slowly
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

^ This. Keep in mind that your GPS receiver and your GPS app are 2 different things. Data usage can affect your GPS apps but it won't affect the receiver. Download and use GPS Status to diagnose your GPS receiver.
Search tags for this page
gps not working after orbot
last version of orbot

orbot android forum

orbot data usage

orbot gps

orbot on phone with gps
tor for droid dna
verizon galaxy note 2