Docking station Problem

Gagnegirl

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I just bought the docking station and used it for the first time last night. The screen wouldn't light up when I docked it. I even hit the button on the top of the phone, and it still wouldn't light up. So i downloaded the Dock program that automatically puts your phone in the docking mode when you launch it. This too had the same result. Does anyone know of a setting that I might not have activated or if I need to go to verizon? Thanks! :)

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
Do you have any kind of case on the Droid? If so you may not be able to actually get the power connector from the dock to actually connect to the Droid.

OP
Gagnegirl

Gagnegirl

Reaction score
Do you have any kind of case on the Droid? If so you may not be able to actually get the power connector from the dock to actually connect to the Droid.

I took my case over prior to trying to use the dock. It charges, but it just won't let my screen light up. I can tell that it switched over to the multimedia, but the screen itself stays dark. I've changed my settings on my phone to have the backlight stay on during charging, so hopefully that will work. I dont' know what else it could be :mad:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One quick question....how is the battery? Is it completely drained?

ezeStand

Reaction score
You might check the following setting on your phone:
Settings - Applications - Development - Stay Awake (Check this box)
This should keep the screen on when charging like when it is in the dock.
Good luck,
Thanks,

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I just bought the docking station and used it for the first time last night. The screen wouldn't light up when I docked it.
The Motorola dock or some other dock?

You might check the following setting on your phone:
Settings - Applications - Development - Stay Awake (Check this box)
This should keep the screen on when charging like when it is in the dock.
My screen remains on while in the Motorola dock even with that option disabled.

cuskit

Reaction score
Gagnegirl,

Have you found a solution yet? This one is intriguing. I'm thinking you may have a defective phone. But one of our astute geek squad should have jumped in here by now. Perhaps you can post a new thread in the Rescue Squad Forums here: Rescue Squad - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I'm sure they can make quick work out of a resolution for you! Good luck! :) mikey

OP
Gagnegirl

Gagnegirl

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, been home sick :( Never fun!

I've tried the staying lit when the phone is charging, it's still not working. I'm using the Motorola Docking station. I'm going to check out that forum, thank you so much guys!

cuskit

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, been home sick :( Never fun!

I've tried the staying lit when the phone is charging, it's still not working. I'm using the Motorola Docking station. I'm going to check out that forum, thank you so much guys!

Hope you feel better - you're so right, sick stinks! ;)

Hoping the guys can answer your questions and solve this mystery. Have you checked with your local VZW store? Their tech department might just replace your phone on the spot.

Keep us updated - we'd like to know how this is resolved.. Thanks - mikey :)

OP
Gagnegirl

Gagnegirl

Reaction score
Hoping the guys can answer your questions and solve this mystery. Have you checked with your local VZW store? Their tech department might just replace your phone on the spot.

Keep us updated - we'd like to know how this is resolved.. Thanks - mikey :)

Next step is going to Verizon. I may do that tonight, but I will definitely let you guys know! :greendroid:

cuskit

Reaction score
Hey guys! It was the phone itself. I should have the replacement tomorrow. Thanks for all your help!

Great! Glad you found the problem and a solution! Enjoy the replacement and get back here with any other issues (hopefully none)! :)

Meanwhile - you are very polite and respectful - many jump in here, ask questions and disappear without ever coming back to show how things resolved. On the contrary - you've been the perfect model of a responsible member that deserves respect. Just wanted to point that out. Makes it a pleasure to contribute! :) mikey

OP
Gagnegirl

Gagnegirl

Reaction score
Meanwhile - you are very polite and respectful - many jump in here, ask questions and disappear without ever coming back to show how things resolved. On the contrary - you've been the perfect model of a responsible member that deserves respect. Just wanted to point that out. Makes it a pleasure to contribute! :) mikey

Aww! Thanks Mikey! I'll try to come back more often