Docking Station New Screen

masiv

Reaction score
What is the point of keeping the button lights on constantly? If it is true that they are supposed to be on, why is it that if you dock your phone while it is turned off, it powers on and the button lights are off?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the new look is and if what I'm using is the old look.

I can press mine and dim it very well, then it goes to a green clock that moves around.

Is that how it still works or is there a newer version?

No.

The stock 2.1 moved the home button to a large square on the lower right of the screen while in the dock. Otherwise it has the similar look to the 2.0.1. dock screen.

The app that gives you the newer clock and a charge indicator next to the brightness control is the ported app from the nexus (it is the nexus clock/dock app), and it is that one that will give you a green clock that jumps around if you:

a. long press the brightness control
b. leave it alone long enough.

It will stay lit while in the dock, you can turn it off by hitting the power switch.

One bug with it is that it leaves the four control keys lit as well, hopefully that will get corrected.

Dwagner, can you post a link to the hack?

MarkB

Reaction score
Interesting, my button lights do turn off when it's docked. I don't have anything special running, just the 2.1 update manually installed.

rcfx

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the new look is and if what I'm using is the old look.

I can press mine and dim it very well, then it goes to a green clock that moves around.

Is that how it still works or is there a newer version?

No.

The stock 2.1 moved the home button to a large square on the lower right of the screen while in the dock. Otherwise it has the similar look to the 2.0.1. dock screen.

The app that gives you the newer clock and a charge indicator next to the brightness control is the ported app from the nexus (it is the nexus clock/dock app), and it is that one that will give you a green clock that jumps around if you:

a. long press the brightness control
b. leave it alone long enough.

It will stay lit while in the dock, you can turn it off by hitting the power switch.

One bug with it is that it leaves the four control keys lit as well, hopefully that will get corrected.

Dwagner, can you post a link to the hack?

That hack that turns the 4 control keys off is in the market, called 'leds hack', for rooted phones of course, says to do a nanroid backup as its real buggy with some roms. I'm using DM and it worked great for me.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kewl, but I'm not sure how it would work for the non rooters.

I suppose part of the confusion here is that we thought we would get the N1 dock clock as part of 2.1, of course looking at the release notes, there is no mention.

Bummer, but I'm planning on rooting soon, so I figure I'll be able to rename the N1 clock to the appropriate app name and lose it in my app drawer, but gain it as default right?