"Dl'd size rqr's WI-FI".....HELP! I Know what causes it.... PLEASE READ,Please?

Stein1071

Reaction score
"Dl'd size rqr's WI-FI" I know the cause. I need a fix.

Rooted D3. Stock ROM (2.3.4). I haven't found a ROM that agrees with me so at this point, that as a fix, isn't an option. I had been trying to figure out how to tether my Toshiba tablet and I wasn't having any luck, so I rooted. I tried just about everything I could before going to the extreme of the TBH's radio hack and I couldn't get anything to work. Somewhere along the way, I have somehow deleted some part of the factory "Data Saver" app that controls the data and battery function from the "Settings" menu on the Droid 3. The problem is for some dumbass reason that I can't remember, I enabled "Data Saver" right before I deleted it.....bummer....I can't download any apps unless I'm at home on WI-FI. I have a 2nd D3 in the house that I rooted and tried moving files over from but that didn't help. These are the files that I know about, "data/data/com.motorola.android.datamanager/databases"... & ..."data/data/com.motorola.android.datamanager/lib", & "system/app/datamanagerapp.apk"... & ..."system/app/datamanagerservice.apk." I have tried copying all these files over and still I don't get the "Battery and Data Manager" line in my settings menu. I'm using the "Root Browser" section of "Rom ToolBox" to try to move these and I don't see any files in the "lib" folder. I would think there would be something there but I don't have anyway to know for sure or to know if I am moving them. Does anyone know if I am missing something? I did get the WI-FI taken care of by the way. Thanks TBH. Nice work there guys.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use the Super Manager app to move files anywhere on the phone you want. Copy them to your SD card, then use the app to copy them to where they need to be in the system directory. You'll actually be able to see what is and isn't there. Hope this helps.

MIUI tested, mother approved.