Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi Tether for Root Users

wahoo92583

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased the Droid Razr, and I have a couple questions. First, I used to own the HTC Incredible, which I rooted. It was nice because I could use Wi-Fi for rooted users. It worked like a charm. However, after rooting the Razr, it seems as if Verizon has picked up on the fact that people were using that application and they have taken measures against their customers so they are unable to use the application without subscribing to one of their tether packages.

Now, I have viewed some YouTube videos on how to get around this however none of them seem to work properly, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to use Wi-Fi tether under Verizon's radar?

Also, my friend deleted Mobile Hotspot from my phone using Titanium Backup. I tried to reinstall it however that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have the .apk so I can reinstall it?

In addition, I am new to the whole ROM world so I was wondering if anyone has a ROM they recommend installing on my phone? Or if anyone might have the stock ROM that came with the Droid Razr?