Disable sliding lock

Mdroidx

Reaction score
Can someone help me..im trying to disable my sliding lock on my Droid x..can you disable it so that way I can just use the lock button on top of phone to lock and unlock? Anybody know any info id appreciate it thanks! Matt

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
I think if you disable the slide lock it won't lock at all. I keep my phone with me at all times so I don't lock it.
I use "no lock".

OP
M

Mdroidx

Reaction score
@Pool_Shark: I was using no lock for about an hour but the problem with that was when I put it in my pocket, accidentally unlocks itself by me objects touching the home button while im walking or driving! So when I pull out my phone it's all crazy into some app!

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use a case so I don't have that problem.
I have no desire to have my cell phone in my pocket.

OP
M

Mdroidx

Reaction score
Ok thanks appreciate the info but I need to do more research on this cause I dont like sliding bar..

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I'd like it to skip the slide unlock and go straight to the pattern lock like my old eris did...

OP
M

Mdroidx

Reaction score
I'm jus trying to disable the sliding bar so I can use the top bottom to lock and unlock it! Instead of having to slide or put a pattern every single time I wanna unlock my phone ..

Snow02

Reaction score
You can have no lock at all by using the no lock app. You can't disable the slide lock and just have the pattern lock.

qman66

Reaction score
i use no lock. i find the lock screen to be an annoyance and a waste of time. the only problem is that any button seems to wake the phone now. this may be cause of the rom im using though. but i have a hard case around it so no buttons really ever get pressed accidently except the camera button.

rudydroid

Reaction score
I'm jus trying to disable the sliding bar so I can use the top bottom to lock and unlock it! Instead of having to slide or put a pattern every single time I wanna unlock my phone ..

me too.
I hate the slide lock, almost as much as I hate the slide (swype) keyboard, and since my x is naked, well ...

jmorton10

Reaction score
i use no lock. i find the lock screen to be an annoyance and a waste of time. the only problem is that any button seems to wake the phone now. .

That has to be the ROM you're running.

I use no lock & the only thing that will activate the phone are the volume & the home button.

~John

OP
M

Mdroidx

Reaction score
So how can I use a different ROM so I am able to just use the home button and volume button??