Disable or Enable Tap To Wake In Android M

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize.php

Device screens seem to just get bigger and bigger. In my mind the 5.5" screen like what is found on the Galaxy S6 is really the sweet spot. Of course I said this about 5" screens a few years back. Devices like the Nexus 6 can be a bit unwieldy. Large screens can be great for media consumption, but tend to cause finger and hand cramps when using on a daily basis at least that has been my experience. Tasks like reaching for a power button can also be a chore. Some manufacturers have done a good job at making the power button ergonomic, but even then having to make the extra reach can be a little annoying.

Android M has a tap to wake feature built in. The Nexus 9 comes with this feature natively, but with Android M you can chose to enable or disable it. There is even a toggle for tap to wake to easily turn the feature on and off hidden in the Nexus 5 build. It is apparently unusable on the Nexus 5 as such a feature would be a battery hog on that particular device. It will be nice to see what comes of this feature in the official release.

via Reddit