disable "mobile view" of websites?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
any way to do this for the web browser? i'd like to take full advantage of this beautiful screen

Stigy

Reaction score
If the site detects the User Agent to be "Android" it will display the mobile view if one is available.

If you download the Steel browser from the Market, you can change which User Agent to send (ie. Desktop) and it would always view as if you were sitting on your computer.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the site detects the User Agent to be "Android" it will display the mobile view if one is available.

If you download the Steel browser from the Market, you can change which User Agent to send (ie. Desktop) and it would always view as if you were sitting on your computer.

got it thanks

Last edited:

Stigy

Reaction score

got it thanks
Don't currently have it installed, but its in the options somewhere under User Agent or UA or something similar.

You know you found it when the options are: Android, Desktop, iPhone.

ryanm

Reaction score
How good of a browser is steel? comparable to the current droid browser or better-besides the UA

Stigy

Reaction score
I used to use it because of the Zoom feature and while trying to diagnose a problem with my personal website.

I think its very, very good and has TONS of options.

Give it a shot -- if you don't like it just uninstall it.