Different ringtones for different contacts?

farawaydeb

Reaction score
I know how to add ringtones to my phone, and how to change my [main] ringtone.

But is there a way that I can get a different ringtone for each individual contact? Such as, a ringtone that is different when my son calls me? I haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the contact information, and tap edit. Expand additional info, and select Ringtone.

GDP

Reaction score
Go to your contacts list, then press the menu button on the contact you want to set the ringtone for. Scroll down and there will be an option to set the ringtone for that person

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
Wow, you folks are amazingly fast with the help! Thanks!

Apparently I was only partially correct as to my knowledge. I have added a folder of ringtones from my computer to my Droid Pro. I can play them on the music player, but I can't figure out how to add them to the ringtones list? Only the ones that came with the phone are on there.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They need to be in a folder called "Ringtones" and they should show up on the list.

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
Thank you! I had them in a folder called "audio-ringtones" because someone told me to do that. But I guess they actually meant an "audio" folder with a "ringtones" folder in it. So when I renamed the folder, it worked.

Thanks again.