differences between android and wince

Vose

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 5
what are the differences between these systems?

I decide to buy a dvd player with gps function in it and found these two models
android 4.4 and wince 6.0

Both of them have great look in the interface,
it seems the wince system has fewer apps than the android one, is that why it is cheaper?

if somebody can tell me the differences in detail that will be very helpful:):)

OP
V

Vose

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 5
:(:(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Windows CE - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I would assume your assessment is correct that there will be less apps and less of an ecosystem for the WinCE device. I would also "caution" you that the android device isn't "official" android auto. While it should work quite well, it will be the version of the operating system that was designed for phones tablets, running on a car system.

If you want a lot of apps in the car, I'd go with android, but as long as both of them support your choice of media players/streaming apps (pandora, Google Play Music, etc), I personally think that's all you need. The last thing you wanna do is get into a wreck because you were playing a game on your dashboard or something.

Given that this is an android forum and I'm a big fan of android, I would lean towards the android option myself if it's based solely on software.

OP
V

Vose

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 5
Windows CE - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I would assume your assessment is correct that there will be less apps and less of an ecosystem for the WinCE device. I would also "caution" you that the android device isn't "official" android auto. While it should work quite well, it will be the version of the operating system that was designed for phones tablets, running on a car system.

If you want a lot of apps in the car, I'd go with android, but as long as both of them support your choice of media players/streaming apps (pandora, Google Play Music, etc), I personally think that's all you need. The last thing you wanna do is get into a wreck because you were playing a game on your dashboard or something.

Given that this is an android forum and I'm a big fan of android, I would lean towards the android option myself if it's based solely on software.

thanks very much for your response, Jonny

you're right the android system has more apps and is familiar to us

although the wince system is cheaper but it doesnt run smoothly

so I decide to buy the android 4.4 autoradio

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not a problem. Hope you enjoy it! I'm a firm believer in the old adage that "you get what you pay for." While it doesn't ALWAYS hold true, I find that it at least usually does. I'd much rather spend a little more for something more along the lines of what I'm looking for than take a good deal that I'm likely to be disappointed in.

OP
V

Vose

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 5
Not a problem. Hope you enjoy it! I'm a firm believer in the old adage that "you get what you pay for." While it doesn't ALWAYS hold true, I find that it at least usually does. I'd much rather spend a little more for something more along the lines of what I'm looking for than take a good deal that I'm likely to be disappointed in.

thanks Jonny you are right:D
after consulting the seller, I finally chose the android stereo;)