Difference between leaked GB and OTA?

TheJester34

Reaction score
So I just bought another Droid X after 4 or 5 months away. I know all the ins and outs about rooting, SBF, and all that. My main question is this: since I've been away form a DX, GB has come out and before it a leak. I see that there is a rooted GB (where you have to SBF back to FroYo and then flash like a ROM). Is there a difference between this GB and the OTA (assuming the OTA was rooted, which I know it's not currently)? I'm curious as to whether going the pre-rooted route is worth it, or if it would be better to wait for someone to root the OTA (if there is a difference).

Jphatcher84

Reaction score
I've done both and i personally like the rooted version from TBH a lot better mainly for bloat removal and throttle removal

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zoe

Reaction score
unless you have crazy dev skills to find what it is exactly that's keeping the ota from being rooted, then no there's no discernable difference between the ota and the pre-rooted gb. ppl have reported various issues with either, and you can't really rule out user error or bad dl's as the cause. waiting for the ota to get rooted is kinda pointless, and when a root method for the ota does turn up you likely have no idea what that could do to your phone, and the end result is pretty much the same regardless as you're still relying on some one hacking the software and it will no longer be 'official' or 'clean' as some ppl argue

[insert_here]