did a factory reset and lost root

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and lost root. Can i get it back without using the computer? I'm at work and won't be able to get to the computer til later today. I'm on the 215 leak

Also...why does my wifi keep turning on when i load the play store or other apps? I switch it off but it turns back on

Last edited:

Beckeramos

Reaction score
You shouldn't have lost root by doing a factory reset. Did you check and see if the superuser app is still on your phone?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You can use the Razr Utility version 1.8 or 1.81 to root again yes.

Do you have update over WIFI only checked under the settings for Google Play Store?

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Superuser was not installed. Downloaded it and it was still giving me problems but i fixed that now. My only problem is wifi keeps turning on even though i have update over wifi only unchecked. It turns on whenever i open an app that uses data

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
s_cuttic said:
Superuser was not installed. Downloaded it and it was still giving me problems but i fixed that now. My only problem is wifi keeps turning on even though i have update over wifi only unchecked. It turns on whenever i open an app that uses data

Ok. After restoring everything with TB and resetting the phone is back to normal now. I did a factory reset because I used the 4G toggle app to switch off 4G when I'm at work because my battery dies...fast when I'm at work. I only get 3G inside. When I used the app, I switched to global mode but then back to LTE and my phone kept losing data. I tried turning it off and back on and toggling airplane mode and it would fix the problem for 2 mins but then I'd lose my data connection again.