deleting icons

chrisd56

Reaction score
Is ther any way to remove icons from the homescreen. I have no need for Amazon, Youtube etc.....

djtrype

Reaction score
Hold down on the icon for about 2-3 seconds and when the yellow background disappears, the icon will "lift" and drag it down to the bottom of the screen to the tab where you will now see a trash can icon. The icon will also turn red when you get it to the trash can and voila.

zegolf

Reaction score
If you're trying to delete them from the total "Application" screen (when you drag the arrow up), I don't believe you can do that. At least, I've found no way to do so.

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
I do that but they will not disappear if they were on the phone already

zegolf

Reaction score
I do that but they will not disappear if they were on the phone already

Yes. You can only delete them from the screen that first shows when you unlock the phone. You can't delete them from the full application list.

djtrype

Reaction score
You can't delete applications that were pre-installed on the phone. You can only delete what you add.

lswingle

Reaction score
If you install PandaHome, a home replacement app, it will let you hide the apps
that are in the application drawer. If you ever need them again you can unhide them.

It also lets you have more than 3 home pages. I use 1 page for customized folders.
When ever I download a new app, I drag a short cut from the app drawer to the appropriate folder.
I go in PandaHome options and hide the icon in the app drawer. It really helps to keep the app drawer decluttered.

amberleemarie

Reaction score
how do you delete an app that you downloaded from the internet but not the marketplace?

Its in my drawer.

djtrype

Reaction score
how do you delete an app that you downloaded from the internet but not the marketplace?

Its in my drawer.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Select the App and click Unistall, then OK

It's the same way as you would delete any app that wasn't pre-installed on your phone.

amberleemarie

Reaction score

Its in my drawer.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Select the App and click Unistall, then OK

It's the same way as you would delete any app that wasn't pre-installed on your phone.

wow. should've figured that out myself..thanks!!