Deleting Download History

steezy

Reaction score
Hello, I need help deleting the download history on my Droid. I was told that you could do it by opening my browser, selecting More, then Downloads, and then there should be a "Clear List" option. However there is no Clear List option there, how else can I delete the history? Thanks in advance.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!! Open your browser and hit your menu key. More>>>settings>>>scroll way down and you'll see a clear history option.

OP
S

steezy

Reaction score
I did that earlier and all it did was clear my internet history, the dl history is still there.

OP
S

steezy

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome by the way, I imagine I might be on here often. My first smart phone, and I'm not such a smart guy apparently lol.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're so very welcome :D Are you wanting to delete your backups all together? You can mount your droid to your computer and navigate to the download folder on your sdcard>>>select all>>>delete.

OP
S

steezy

Reaction score
When I open my browser I open the menu, select "More", then "Downloads" and it lists all recent downloads. I was told that there should be an option there to Clear History but there is not and I can't figure out how to clear the list. How else can I do this? Is there some way to restore it, and if I do what else would that effect besides my browser history?

full2205

Reaction score
To delete download history file first select the menu button at bottom of screen (circle with triangle in middle). Then click files and the phone files. Next pick download folder and will show all items downloaded from internet. Select menu button and pick select items and click check mark next to items you want to delete and then delete. Hope this helps.

rdbrooks84

Reaction score
Navigate to your downloaded files list in your browser by opening your browser > hit menu > tap the + More tab > select downloads. Now just press and hold the item on the list that you want to delete and a window should pop up asking if you want to clear that item from the list.

That's it!

Hope this helps!

cedward2453

Reaction score
When I open my browser I open the menu, select "More", then "Downloads" and it lists all recent downloads. I was told that there should be an option there to Clear History but there is not and I can't figure out how to clear the list. How else can I do this? Is there some way to restore it, and if I do what else would that effect besides my browser history?
When you get to your "downloads" list touch and hold the download you want to delete. You will be given the option to delete that particular download. :)