Deleted SMS keep reapearing

omgimonfire13

Reaction score
(i originally posted this thread in what im pretty sure was the wrong place)

Hi i'm new to the forums and im having a major issue with my Motorola Droid. I've searched all over the web and used the search tool on the forums to find a fix but have been unsuccesful so far.

Since i updated my droid to 2.2 its been bringing back texts that i deleted weeks ago. It refreshes about every 10 seconds with a new batch of already deleted texts. The amounts of texts i am recieving is massive and is bogging down my phone from doing just about anything. When i manage to get into the messaging app it will crash pretty soon after loading it up. I have already factory reset it but it was no help. I am unrooted and are currently using the stock messaging app.

Any help that someone can lend me to figuring out how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not sure if you got this resolved on your own or not but I have a couple of suggestions......

In the settings for your messaging do you have a limit set for text messages. I have 25, so that means after I reach 25 the older messages will be deleted. Also, I have checked "Delete Old Messages". Now I am not sure this will fix your situation but it is worth a try.

Also, I would suggest getting away from the stock messaging app. There are a few good replacement messaging apps in the market that are free. Two that come to mind are Handcent and Chomp.

OP
O

omgimonfire13

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help
it seems to be working out good so far
i'll post back here if i start having issues again

TJude

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help
it seems to be working out good so far
i'll post back here if i start having issues again

Please be a giver as much as a receiver. What did you do that it is "working out good so far"?