delete speed dial

hsm2sons

Reaction score
I need to delete a speed dial button. It was easy to set up, and appears right on my start-up screen, but now I need to get rid of it. Using a Droid phone. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
You should be able to long-press the icon, then drag it to the bottom-center of the screen 'till it turns red. Then let go, and it will be deleted.

This will work to delete any/all the shortcuts on your home screen.

Capn Preshoot

Reaction score
You should be able to long-press the icon, then drag it to the bottom-center of the screen 'till it turns red. Then let go, and it will be deleted.

I must be doing something wrong then because if I long-press the speed dial entry it opens a screen with the following choices: (DROID-X)
  • View Contact
  • Call contact
  • Text contact
  • Add to favorites
  • Edit speed dial
I don't see "delete" among the options and there's no trash can... i.e., I can't drag the contact because it doesn't drag. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but the option list seems unintuitive as "delete" should logicelly be among the choices, shouldn't it? How do I get rid of these?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Groundhog45

Reaction score

I must be doing something wrong then because if I long-press the speed dial entry it opens a screen with the following choices: (DROID-X)
  • View Contact
  • Call contact
  • Text contact
  • Add to favorites
  • Edit speed dial
I don't see "delete" among the options and there's no trash can... i.e., I can't drag the contact because it doesn't drag. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but the option list seems unintuitive as "delete" should logicelly be among the choices, shouldn't it? How do I get rid of these?

Thanks!!

While you're holding down the screen on the icon, you should see a trash can show up at the bottom of the screen. You drag the icon there and it will turn red when it is deleted.

Capn Preshoot

Reaction score

• View Contact
  • Call contact
  • Text contact
  • Add to favorites
  • Edit speed dial

Thanks!!

While you're holding down the screen on the icon, you should see a trash can show up at the bottom of the screen. You drag the icon there and it will turn red when it is deleted.

That's what I'm trying to tell you..... there is no trash can, moreover, you can't drag the icon.... it doesn't drag. As soon as you perform the long press a sub-menu opens with the above stated options.

Groundhog45

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to tell you..... there is no trash can, moreover, you can't drag the icon.... it doesn't drag. As soon as you perform the long press a sub-menu opens with the above stated options.

I have a friend with a Droid X. I'll try to reach him this evening and see if he can tell me what is different with the X.

Capn Preshoot

Reaction score
Thanks. Well, as a clue, I've apparently done something as a friend has a Droid-X exactly like mine, got them the same day and he is not having the problem, but there again his screens look a little different than mine, so I'm changed something without knowing what I did (so I can un-do it)

Capn Preshoot

Reaction score
FIXED!

As addt'l follow-up, I removed the trialware version of Launcher Pro last night and suddenly all is well. Deleting speed dial entries now works as described.

Time to reexamine LP... :)

thnx all

timhuggins85142

Reaction score
Good deal.

mother trucker ya'll. This was a tough one to find, but finally got it figured out. Ok. Droid Razr phone. Was finally able to get rid of some of my old "favorites contacts" or "quick dials" as I call them from the pull down screen. This is the one where you normally see your top 4 favorites, and if you pull it down you get 10 or 20, how ever many you have in there.

So this is way easier than I thought.

- tap the contact
- then tap the picture of that contact (if you have one) if not, touch where the picture would be. Now your on a screen that shows all of the details for that contact.
- you will notice a star in the top right corner that is either filled in or the hollow, and just an outline of a star.
- to take them off being on that favorite list, tap the star and make it the outline.
- bang! they are off the list.
- of course, I wouldn't tell them you took them off of your quick dial list. They might realize how un-important they may be now in your life.

Good luck ya'll. If you need a computer company out here in the Phoenix area. Keep us in mind. Hugg Tech Computers

Tim.