Deleing words from Trace

hydro556

Reaction score
I am trying to get used to Trace on my Rezound coming from Swype on my Nexus.

I need to figure out how to delete (stupid) words from its dictionary. It constantly tries to use non english (not even sure if they are an actual language, lol) words OVER and OVER no matter how carefully I spell the word.

Any help?

hoboX10

Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Language and Keyboard > Touch Input > Personal Dictionary > Edit Personal Dictionary > Menu > Delete > Check all words to delete.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Thanks Hobo. I am messing with that.

Another issue. When it does use the wrong word, for instance when I try to type "first" I usually get "faust". A word I have never intentionally typed, nor have I ever heard of it, short of maybe a last name. Trace does things like this all the time and I dont know why. The annoying part is when I try and correct it by moving the cursor over it, it doesnt offer a selection of similar words that would allow me to easily correct it. There is nothing there, only the option of (tediously) editing and replacing with the correct word.

This is annoying as hell, especially without the super handy optical pad that the HTC Incredible had.

Unless there is some setting I am missing that makes Trace a whole lot better, I am going to be trying to see if I can get a proper copy of Swype. If someone can show me where I can get it.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I am going to DL TouchPal. Never heard of it, but it looks like it reviews well. Its free, so I will give it a quick try. That is what is great about Android.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hobo. I am messing with that.

Another issue. When it does use the wrong word, for instance when I try to type "first" I usually get "faust". A word I have never intentionally typed, nor have I ever heard of it, short of maybe a last name. Trace does things like this all the time and I dont know why. The annoying part is when I try and correct it by moving the cursor over it, it doesnt offer a selection of similar words that would allow me to easily correct it. There is nothing there, only the option of (tediously) editing and replacing with the correct word.

This is annoying as hell, especially without the super handy optical pad that the HTC Incredible had.

Unless there is some setting I am missing that makes Trace a whole lot better, I am going to be trying to see if I can get a proper copy of Swype. If someone can show me where I can get it.
http://beta.swype.com/
Just register, wait for the email, install the installer, the latest version will download shortly after AND with the newer installer it alerts when there is an update, allow it to update. No more need to jump through the old uninstall/reinstall hoops anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
http://beta.swype.com/
Just register, wait for the email, install the installer, the latest version will download shortly after AND with the newer installer it alerts when there is an update, allow it to update. No more need to jump through the old uninstall/reinstall hoops anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

I installed Swype after toying with trace. Trace doesn't activate for all text fields, for some reason.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

kcook323

Reaction score
I am also trying to get used to Trace but so far it still makes me miss the Shapewriter app I always used on my D1 that is no longer available in the market .

Kendra

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums