definitely gotta have the maxx

sniperf250

Reaction score
Ive got the regular droid razr now but because i work in the oilfield i dont always have a way to charge my phone so my big question is... should i get the current maxx or should i wait until the razr maxx hd comes out? All opinions are appreciated. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's completely up to you... is the HD screen important to you? We don't know how buggy the HD will or won't be.

I'm getting the HD... the qualcom processor at 2.5 will run cooler and more efficiently too. Plus it'll have touches of jb in the UI like the ATRIX.. go to the vanquish section and check it out. There's leaks of how to vids.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Recent reports have said there won't be a RAZR MAXX HD, just a RAZR HD. It's looking like it will have a 2530mAh battery, which is better than the 1750mAh in the current RAZR, but also less than the RAZR MAXX (3300mAh). While it won't push it to the heights of the MAXX, the incredibly efficient Snapdragon S4 processor in the RAZR HD will definitely help improve the battery life that you'll get out of that 2530mAh battery though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From what I've been seeing with the s3(bad phone I'll never get :D:p you hear me BS!! Lol) I think with the 2530mAH battery, the HD will probably be close to the maxx on battery life.. I hope... lol

Edit:And bsweetness is right... no HD maxx..
That was a bogus tip from someone

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
From what I've been seeing with the s3(bad phone I'll never get :D:p you hear me BS!! Lol) I think with the 2530mAH battery, the HD will probably be close to the maxx on battery life.. I hope... lol

The S4 isn't enough to squeeze the equivalent of an extra 800mAh out of the battery, especially when it's powering a larger, 720p display. It might do half of that if everything else in the phone runs efficiently. So you'll definitely take a bit a of a dip in battery life. Not a huge one though.

As for never getting the S3, that's fine. It's like I've been telling people in the 2 or 3 PMs I get each day asking me which is better between the MAXX and the S3. I tell them all the same thing - both are excellent devices, but which is better entirely depends on what you need and want out of a phone. The MAXX is the sturdy, tried and true, all-around reliable sedan while the S3 is the flashier, slightly more cutting edge new sports car.

You definitely seem like the sedan type. :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The S4 isn't enough to squeeze the equivalent of an extra 800mAh out of the battery, especially when it's powering a larger, 720p display. It might do half of that if everything else in the phone runs efficiently. So you'll definitely take a bit a of a dip in battery life. Not a huge one though.

As for never getting the S3, that's fine. It's like I've been telling people in the 2 or 3 PMs I get each day asking me which is better between the MAXX and the S3. I tell them all the same thing - both are excellent devices, but which is better entirely depends on what you need and want out of a phone. The MAXX is the sturdy, tried and true, all-around reliable sedan while the S3 is the flashier, slightly more cutting edge new sports car.

You definitely seem like the sedan type. :p

Yeah... I love sedans lol.. seriously.. I get ya... :D the s3 is definitely built like a sports car... light and a lot of plastic... lmao.. ;)

:icon_censored: :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345393452017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345393452017.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 229

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
In all seriousness... bsweetness has a point. I was fighting a losing battle about getting the s3.. until a leak of the HD hit today.. its given me the strength to hold out until the 5th of September... then if it looks like what I'm hoping it doesn't look like... I may just get the s3 anyway... but idk.

Lots of deciding factors... the UI looks like the ATRIX.. ram will be an important factor to me. Internal storage... just to name a few...

OP
sniperf250

sniperf250

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure ill probably stick with the maxx i like the way the regular razr's UI is set up and the way it feels in my hand

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm pretty sure ill probably stick with the maxx i like the way the regular razr's UI is set up and the way it feels in my hand

The maxx will have a better in hand feel.. it doesn't have the sharp edges that the razr has.... you'll like it I think.

OP
sniperf250

sniperf250

Reaction score
Well im probably one of the few people that actually got the razr for motorola's track record with excellent radios and specs it may not be the latest and greatest but it suits me fine i didnt care how thin it was and still dont i always get an otterbox for my phones for protection which makes thinness pretty much a moot point so i should have no problem switching to the maxx there honestly isnt that much of a difference when inside of an otterbox to me anyway

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know what you mean :) lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345416797634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345416797634.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 240
OP
sniperf250

sniperf250

Reaction score
Lol uve got alot of motorola fighting phones there i wonder how many have taken nasty falls or been thrown in demonstration lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
None.. all of these devices are pristine... all work. All still owned by me... they're an X, X2, Bionic, 2 Razr Maxx's.. and one used to take the pic too.

They all obviously have otterbox defenders on them :)