default music app

czdaryle

Reaction score
Is there anyway to change the default music app to be say tunewiki instead of the included music app?

RobertDroid

Reaction score
What are you doing to launch a music app that requires one to be set as default? If you have Tunewiki installed and use it to play your music, what difference does it make as far as other installed music apps? Just wondering what I don't know about this, since I just recently started listening to music on my Droid.

majorsmackdown

Reaction score
if you use the motorola desk dock, it has a button to take you to the "default" music player - it would be nice to take you to the player of your choice eih ?

mjs31

Reaction score
if you use the motorola desk dock, it has a button to take you to the "default" music player - it would be nice to take you to the player of your choice eih ?

Typically, anytime there are multiple apps capable of handling the same task, you will get a window that pops up and asks you which one to open. There is also a box to check to make it your default. I have actually never had this not happen. Wether it be different browsers, photo viewers, ringtone pickers, home replacements etc.

If you have more than one music player installed I would think it should give this option once something is triggered that requires a music player.

If not, then I would recommend going into settings, and going into applications then manage applications. Once they load up you should go down to the stock music player and make sure it is not marked as default player. If it is then uncheck it. If it is dimmed then it is not set as default.

I guess it is possible that the Droid does not recognize the other music app though.

P.S. Even with the Motorola dock I had a pop up asking which alarm I wanted to use since I had more than one installed.

mjs31

Reaction score

I just tried it and it will not change my default either. For some reason that multimedia dock seems stuck in it's ways for music.

Although I will say, it does not say default music player for the Dock...it just has a music symbol to play it. Where do you see "default"?

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried it, but there's an application called "Dock Launcher" in the Market that appears to enable you to do what you're looking for.

If it does, it might be worth reporting. (There's both a "trial" and a "paid" version.)

Check that. Tried it. It actually replaces the entire dock with another application. But there's an application called DockAwake that appears to allow you to add another application to the dock though it doesn't replace the stock music player. Might work for you.

P.S. There is also an app, DockControl, that allows you to display your home screen rather than the multimedia screen when the droid is docked. That, too, might accomplish your objective.

Last edited: