D2 problems after apps downloads

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I have had my D2 since Aug, ordered it the first day it came out online. I have personalized it with many apps and it has been great. But the other day I added a few more and had all kind of things happening. The apps I added were Appsfire, No Lock and ASTRO File Manager.

First things I noticed was the other morning I found my D2 battery completely drained. Usually it only drops about 10%, according to the Battery Gauge Widget I use to monitor the battery strength. I made sure to moniitor the battery that day and went to bed with the battery at 80%. The next morning I found it had drained to 30% ! Ok, something is different now.

Today I uninstalled Appsfire. I then noticed that my D2 was taking a while to load and still acting strange. Trying a battery pull, after trying the power down / up, still made no difference. Powering up, the screen would show the lock screen, then go to the main screen. But it was only a black screen with the notification bar at the top. No amount of pressing buttons would get you any response. The last time I tried to power it up, I did get to my wallpaper screen, but the widgets were miniature in the top left of the screen. I just happened to slide the screen on the D2 and all magically cured. Now all is working as normal.

I am running LP Plus, Beautiful Widgets, Pure Grid Calendar, Pure Calendar and GTasks. Wallpaper is from Flikie HD. Any idea what happened? I am going to make sure the battery is at 100% tonight and see what I have in the morning. Should be 80-90 %.

lizard

Reaction score
What was your phone doing when you pulled the battery? Was it in the middle of a prolonged boot? Did you see M symbol or red eye?

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I could use the power button to bring up the "Power Off" option, which I did before pulling the battery. Also I could "swipe" down on the notification bar and it would show my weather and location.

lizard

Reaction score
Have you tried putting the battery in and turn phone on while holding down x key on keyboard? Hold pwr + x till M logo then holding x release power till you see triangle w/! symbol.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
No, I didn't try that. But right now all is operating normally. I guess I will try that next time. I am not sure if it was one of the apps that caused the problem or what. All I know is it finally cleared out when I slide open the slider.

lizard

Reaction score
I usually reboot after I download and install an app. I heard when you reboot that market checks for updates. Maybe an older version of 1 didn't like your phone. Id back up stuff if ya haven't just in case.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Well, I just checked my D2 and battery was at 80%. If I remember, it was at 90% last night when I went to bed. So at this point I am not sure why it suddenly had excessive battery drain, unless it was one of the apps I installed. I doubt it was NO Lock, maybe Appsfire. I am just glad all is back to normal, dancedroid.