D2 Gingerbread+Rommer?

Fer

Reaction score
Quick question- will using the D2 Gingerbread leak and the Rommer work?

fordtheriver

Reaction score
It will work if you want a paperweight...
GB for D2 updates more than the superficial files (non bootloader) that DX/D2 roms update. In fact GB for D2 also updates the radio baseband (completely separate from any romming). The reason the Romer doesn't work for the sensors is that D2G is different than the D2/DX, and everything that is updated by the GB build would basically brick your D2G, possibly to the point of not being able to sbf back.
P3Droid said that there's a GB in the oven for D2G, and that it'll be leaked by TBH as soon as it's ready.

fordtheriver

Reaction score
Although, one has to wonder if the keys to the D2G are completely different than the D2 and whether there is a discernible pattern between the two. Perhaps comparing the leaks might lead to some insight to the boatloader keys.

Asphyx

Reaction score
GB for D2 updates more than the superficial files (non bootloader) that DX/D2 roms update. In fact GB for D2 also updates the radio baseband (completely separate from any romming). The reason the Romer doesn't work for the sensors is that D2G is different than the D2/DX, and everything that is updated by the GB build would basically brick your D2G, possibly to the point of not being able to sbf back.
P3Droid said that there's a GB in the oven for D2G, and that it'll be leaked by TBH as soon as it's ready.

I would have to agree here. Its a very different OS than what we have now but a new Romer will be possible once a D2G version of GB has been released. Then there will be compatible files and drivers that can be used to do pretty much what Romer does now. I would even hold out hope that some of the sensor issues might even go away. Since we don't really know WHY they exist in the first place the move to GB may have a change that solves it. You just never know!

Although, one has to wonder if the keys to the D2G are completely different than the D2 and whether there is a discernible pattern between the two. Perhaps comparing the leaks might lead to some insight to the boatloader keys.

No I don't think the GB leak will help. An Official release might since we will have at least three bootloader keys (Original, 2.4.3 Update, and GB) to reverse engineer with.

I'm not entirely sure what TBH has, Is it a leaked beta or a soon to be released official. I wouldn't expect them to tell us as that would expose their source so don't try and ask them!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I happend to try to flash the D2 GB to my D2G. I hate to sbf back cuz the installation aborted in the middle flashing. Right when it reached radio

Asphyx

Reaction score
LOL well that was a dumb thing to try!

Never flash an SBF for a different phone. The SBF usually has radio drivers and you could really do damage to the point that only Moto can fix it.

You now have to SBF the real D2G file as your radio is probably not functional at all!
No calls, No Text, No Data, NOTHING!
Just a very tiny pad like thing!

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.

I would have to agree here. Its a very different OS than what we have now but a new Romer will be possible once a D2G version of GB has been released. Then there will be compatible files and drivers that can be used to do pretty much what Romer does now. I would even hold out hope that some of the sensor issues might even go away. Since we don't really know WHY they exist in the first place the move to GB may have a change that solves it. You just never know!

I've been comparing the various files that we THINK are causing the sensor issues, and it looks like some are entirely different and others are nearly identical between Froyo and Gingerbread. Fingers crossed those ones with the big changes were the issue, and that the sensors magically start working when TBH gives us D2G gingy and GRD can start building off it. Great things may happen!

OP
F

Fer

Reaction score
What about GB based custom ROMs? Are those safe to run with the ROMer?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
any idea what happened to our DG2 GB leak. I thought we were supposed to get it in a week after DX and D2 :icon_eek:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Last i heard about it CellZealot said it was still at Moto being written.... was about a week ago.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
thats what i read too. Maybe they are getting homeland security involved with the update. So they can really track our rooted devices dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid