CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

Intoxikate

Reaction score
Can't seem to boot into recovery mode after I installed this. Anyone have this issue? It keeps on going into the little android with a box next to it after the "M" logo intro, then it gets stuck there.

akerby16

Reaction score
I apologize if someone already posted something like this I just haven't been playing close attention to the form the mast couple weeks. What are the known bugs or issues with this rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You'll probably get a random shutdown/reboot once in a while, that's what happens once in a while to me. Auto-brightness works, just kinda iffy if screen-on animation is on. Otherwise, watch your battery, and it's pretty good.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

rusty815

Reaction score
I apologize if someone already posted something like this I just haven't been playing close attention to the form the mast couple weeks. What are the known bugs or issues with this rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

As of now the only known issues are the phone being recognized as a d2 instead of a d2g, gsm doesn't work, the camera is inverted, and the alt lock key doesn't work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Cyanogenmod!!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
i have weird things happen to me on reboots.

sometimes airplane mode breaks, reboot fixes.
sometimes settings stick, most of the time i have to set them then reboot and set them again. this is most prevalent in cyanogen settings (which sometimes wont work at all. and guess what fixes that? reflashing the rom again. yay) but also happens with, well just about everything.
reflashing can give me funky and inconsistent effects even though my method does not change. sometimes wifi breaks completely, sometimes no settings stick whatsoever, sometimes all is hunky dory (until the first shutdown/reboot), sometimes dsp force closes on a call and sometimes it doesnt. even with the sensors fix it may or may not work lol.
and lastly, the battery drain issue. even in airplane mode and with the screen off, with nothing running at all, i managed to lose 15% battery in the space of 4 hours. on stock this would only be 3 or 4% for my entire work day! i guess thats the price of this rom..
/edit/ i just lost 5% battery while reading through then typing this out in the space of 8 minutes. brightness is set to lowest....man what gives??? /edit

this rom needs polishing but i will still keep it as my everyday. keep up the great work guys! i really appreciate bikedude and angels work!

Last edited:

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thank You Kind Sir...

Just wanted to say thank you man. I just recently got a D2G and last time I was on this site I remembered the ROM's were pretty slim pickin so I just used the stock crap for a while. Then I saw this post yesterday and installed it and I still have yet to notice any errors!

Asphyx

Reaction score
What it needs is real D2G GB drivers because I suspect most of these issues are related to using Froyo and other unit files to get GB to work.

And I don't dismiss the notion that our kernel could be very different than D2 and DX which is throwing errors into the system.

We need to get our hands on the OTA or a leak of GB4D2G

Perhaps it would have been better to use the 2nd Init trick to start from CM7 source as opposed to the DX tweaking of that source (which is what the D2 base we are using is based off of) to start the mix and match proccess.

We just need to be patient. Biker and 13th are so close to getting it all worked out with little to no reference files to work with.
Hell we don't even have a real Boot.Prop to work off of.

I'll bet that is half the problem!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Battery problems are really nonexistant for me, since I don't spend tons of time outside, too hot. Huge thanks to the CM4D2G team though for this.
They(VZW) need to release their patched up gb already...And I mean D3 style, apparently fully functional gb. Then it's time to pull system, see if it dredges up anything interesting.

Oh, and interestingly, the Fission weather widget works on CM. Didn't work on stock 2.4.330 build though for some reason.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
well the fact is I lose more battery in airplane mode now than when i did running fission and in a building with zero signal (no airplane mode). the phone doesnt get hot and the batt stats page doesnt show me anything to point out the problem but its aggravating. put your phone away with 30% left, pull it back out an hour later to answer one text and see that it dropped another 15.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That would be a bug. It's getting worked on I believe.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

jkmish

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to install the stock blur alarm clock on this build? Thanks for your help.

rusty815

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to install the stock blur alarm clock on this build? Thanks for your help.

No, the blur alarm app requires the blur framework, and cm has absolutely no blur framework (its as blur free as you can possibly get) I know, I've tried to add the alarm app, I like the blur alarm app.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I managed to go all day with moderate/ heavy usage and after 9hrs ( no airplane mode or power saving techniques applied) and had 50% battery left. The only thing i have done is scale back the processor to max at 1000 instead of 1200. Its now.been 13hrs and i am at 20%. Not too shabby.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
I went 18 hours yesterday, but I ran the phone at 800MHz, still ran buttery smooth though. I'm running it stock today though and it seems as like I might be able to get 20 hours of battery life, so I'm not sure how scaling the cpu down helps.