Cyanogen mod

OP
J

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
downloaded cyanogen and gapps and it popped up and asked if i wanted to wipe and clear cache and back up rom and i said yes and then rebooted. But it booted back to my normal rom. data and apps still there...

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
downloaded cyanogen and gapps and it popped up and asked if i wanted to wipe and clear cache and back up rom and i said yes and then rebooted. But it booted back to my normal rom. data and apps still there...

Did you flash ClockworkMod Recovery first with Rom Manager? Sounds like either you didn't flash it or it didn't take and you need to flash it again.

Sent from my Droid

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Do i need to download cyanogen again after i flash again?

Its already downloaded to your phone but you will have to search for it if you don't want to download it again. From Rom Manager select "install rom from sd card" and browse the sd card...should be a folder called clockworkmod and inside that a folder called downloads and somewhere in there you will find it.

Sent from my Droid

OP
J

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
I got to the clockworkmod folder and i have the following options to select:
kanged.net/
droidk.macleod-web.net/
koush.tandtgaming.com/
gh-pages.clockworkmod.com/
licenseservice.appspot.com/

which one do i choose..

Its already downloaded to your phone but you will have to search for it if you don't want to download it again. From Rom Manager select "install rom from sd card" and browse the sd card...should be a folder called clockworkmod and inside that a folder called downloads and somewhere in there you will find it.

Sent from my Droid

OP
J

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
and if i do it this way (finding it thru sdcard) will it still ask me to wipe and clear cache and data once i chose which ever one of those is the right one?

brando56894

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

You actually dont have to do that, all you have to do is reselect the rom that you previously downloaded in rom manager. it will act like its downloading it for a second until it realizes you have the full file and it will go on like usual and yes it will still ask you to backup and wipe.

OP
J

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
So i finally got cyanogen working a couple days ago, but now my market wont find two apps. 1. mobile banking for android and 2. tapatalk (will only let me download the demo)
I have been hearing about a "market fix" but dont know how to get it and what to do.
Any ideas?

OP
J

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if *228 option 2 while running cyanogen on the Droid will still update roaming capabilities ?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

79_Z28

Reaction score
ok i install rom manger and downloaded cyanogen mod and tryed installing it and it keeps locking up in the boot screen and just keeps going back tor that screen over and over wht did i do i have a droid rooted

ghostofdavid

Reaction score
Same with me. I really wish I could figure this out. I just got a new phone and I already can't figure out how to fix it. I can boot into Odin and I can go to recovery. I am given the option to do a factory reset but it doesn't work. UGH! Please help! :D