Custom DockBar......

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
I don't know what launcher or dockbar, or what.......program, .apk, or .zip or whatever......But I have been looking for a certain dockbar that is able to either be bought or customized, and instead of the icons for the browser, app drawer open/close, phone, message and such forth.....it has custom font texts in their place. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE OR WHAT THAT IS!!!!???? pAAAAAAAHHHHHHlllleeeeezzz!!!!!

rudydroid

Reaction score
can't answer directly, but do a search on the forums and you'll get your answer.
also look in the screen image threads. in them there are lots of questions and answers about how certain home screen looks are achieved, including docks.

rooted, on liberty 2.0

RWil85

Reaction score
can't answer directly, but do a search on the forums and you'll get your answer.
also look in the screen image threads. in them there are lots of questions and answers about how certain home screen looks are achieved, including docks.

rooted, on liberty 2.0

try dreamlyfe.design..have some of his stuff on my phone and it's pretty sweet..

Dreamlyfe Design: LPT

BodyBagz

Reaction score

rooted, on liberty 2.0

try dreamlyfe.design..have some of his stuff on my phone and it's pretty sweet..

Dreamlyfe Design: LPT

+1 for Dreamkyfe...use his stuff on my phone as well.

Also, you can download Launcher Pro or ADW either one and use whatever you like as a background for the dock...or have it completely transparent, as well as adding your own custom text based icons.
Its what I am doing now...see the attached screencaps below...1 is with a transparent dock, the other with Dreamlyfe Sharpe dock package...

OP
JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Hey BodyBagz......

I just wanted to personally thank you for all the help you and Thaiboy gave me with my Launcher Task bar customizations. It really turned out awesome. I just did some more research and looking. You guys are really good at what you do.

I am really liking that look you have on your screenshots. I told you that before, but, I tried to Use the "ADW Text Theme Icon Maker" and it really limits the size of my icons when using text. Yours look alot bigger. How did you get them to that size? Did you modify the program at all? Any wayz.... I also reeeeaaaaally like that font. Is that from the Liberty 2.0 ROM Manager? If so, Which one is it? There's so many. I found that Dreamlyfe.com tool bar and the Tallmin icons. You text icons look different? Where did you get them and how did you do it? Well, I'll leave you with that for now. Thank you so much for all your help.

Grateful,
Josh

OP
JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Rudy and RWil85...... Thank you so much for your help with the dockbars. I found the Tallmin text icons and it's all good now. You guys have no idea how much of a help you are. Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I just wanted to personally thank you for all the help you and Thaiboy gave me with my Launcher Task bar customizations. It really turned out awesome. I just did some more research and looking. You guys are really good at what you do.

I am really liking that look you have on your screenshots. I told you that before, but, I tried to Use the "ADW Text Theme Icon Maker" and it really limits the size of my icons when using text. Yours look alot bigger. How did you get them to that size? Did you modify the program at all? Any wayz.... I also reeeeaaaaally like that font. Is that from the Liberty 2.0 ROM Manager? If so, Which one is it? There's so many. I found that Dreamlyfe.com tool bar and the Tallmin icons. You text icons look different? Where did you get them and how did you do it? Well, I'll leave you with that for now. Thank you so much for all your help.

Grateful,
Josh
Sorry I havent responded sooner...I dont "suscribe" to threads, therefore i dont get any notifications from them when a reply is made..

As to your questions...

I dont use ADW personaly, I use Launcher Pro + paid version...so that I can resize the widgets. As I said earlier, I also sometimes use DreamLyfe Designs Sharpe Dock Bar images, but as of right now I am just running a transparent dock bar straight from LPP.

The text-based icons I have, are my own design using the Papyrus font that I liked from the Super Clock Skin I downloaded. I used a base .psd file that incorporated the orientation that I wanted, and then built them in PhotoShop.

Glad you liked them...and in order to help you out, attached below is my .psd file...download it and open it in PhotoShop. You will need to download the Papyrus Font and install it in your PC in order to use it. Once you make a design you like, save it as a .png file...72x72x24BPP is my default size for my icons. I cant really give you any pointers other than to say these can be quite a pain in the rear...have fun...

Also...go to Droid Pirate and check out the Icon Packs for ADW as well as Launcher Pro...a lot of text based icons there...and even some with editable .psd files so you can make your own...