Curios of how to theme apps

pokorn28

Reaction score
Currently Minot, ND but it isn't home for me
Hello all, I am kind of new to this theming idea and have been using .zip files that are created by other people without any issues. The only thing that has been bugging me is like when I open the facebook app, the white background and so on has been bugging me. How would someone go about theming just an application, or is this even possible?

I just want to make changes to the colors and maybe the text used in the application, is there an easy way to do this?

I am running a Droid X, System 2.3.340, Apex 1.3.1 Build, no over-clock or anything else special about it.

Reaction score
to theme an app you have to edit the png files within the .apk file with photoshop or something similar. you also have to have to be able to either retain or resign the signature on the apps, otherwise they won't work anymore. it's not hard, but at the same time, it will take trial and error in the beginning. i recommend making frequent backups while theming.

there is a program called apk manager that makes editing themes a little easier.

Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers

good luck!